Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

I would like to add: when something is experienced, when significance is felt, when importance and life is embraced, in what arena does this unfold? In some unknown place in space, or within you? This is why the focus is within.

j

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

J.T. and Doofdaddy,

Than what you are describing IS contemplation. It is a type of prayer where you quiet your mind so that passively and intuitively you are aware of God.

But, that is not the only way I am aware of God.

P.S. If silence was the only way people became aware of God, is it any wonder that there are so few mystics?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Ok Kenneson so you dont like my analogies. I guess you must be smarter than me to be able to comprehend how a murderous, unjust, evil god is actually a god of love and worthy of worship. Oh well.

I guess the question I have for you is how do you know that your interpretations of gods word are the correct ones? Does god speak to you and tell you what he wants? Do you follow any organized religion? How do YOU know that these hurricanes are gods wrath? I would really like to know.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gring,

Since you don't believe in a murderous, unjust and evil god, just attribute it to benevolent Nature. Maybe that will make it easier for you to accept and comprehend.

So, you want to know. Ask Nature. If it doesn't "speak" to you, it "speaks" to me. Wonder what it could be telling us?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Kenneson,

I am an atheist. I dont believe in ANY type of god.

Again, could you please answer my question that I just asked in my last post?

I am not afraid of what I believe in, and would be more than happy to answer ANY question you have for me.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas
    If silence was the only way people became aware of God, is it any wonder that there are so few mystics?

First, congratulations on juggling the different responses to your post.

What I mean by silence is the firsthand realization that the only thing the mind has to offer up are beliefs, ideas and conceptual interpretations (really look at the words coming from the mind and see this), and so we look past it; into that which is before the mind and is silent (yet very much alive). We look into That which the mind and all things receive their existence from.

We can not express the actual joy of a good meal in words and thoughts; how much more so can we not encompass God in words and thoughts? So, we remain silent of word and thoughts, that God, our Source and sustenance, may reveal Itself.

What we are after, is not some tiny idea of god far away, not some object or thing separate which religious beliefs offer, but rather That which all existence flows from. That which is here now and realizable, if we are still enough and willing enough to see. That, which his our own essence and truth.

j

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gring,

Read my post added sentence above.

Plus, if you have read my first posts on this thread I explained how I came to that realization. I don't know what else I can say to convince you.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    I don't know what else I can say to convince you.

That's the problem w you faux prophets, you're just words, no power, not even the nice ring of a distant church bell, just the muffled squack of ragged vocal cords, or the black and white boring pixels on the screen. How about a little action? You come and go as do the seasons. Funny how you keep coming back like a weed in the lawn, considering that all your predictions fall flat, like leaves from the trees in autumn.

S

• gringojj
    gringojj

Ok Kenneson I gotcha.

The way I see it, the weather is a neccesary function of nature. I mean, if the weather was always the same, how would we get rain? Sometimes the weather is worse than other times, as nature is unpredictable.

So you concluded that since we had a storm that was stronger than most that have hit the US in so many years, that god is sending us a warning?

Why does god have to use fear as a way to warn us? Surely an omipotent god could think of a more loving way to get his message accross. I think the worst part is, and he must be able to see it, when he gives warnings like this it doesnt effect people much. I havent heard one survivor from the hurricane say "wow I guess god is serious". So according to your logic, instead of god saying "hm I guess this way doesnt work, maybe I should try something else" he just decides to murder some more of his children with the next natural disaster.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Satanus,

Yes, you're right?????? Nothing has occurred from Florida to Texas??? And do you imagine that this is the end of the hurricanes??? And the rest of the nation is not going to feel any effects from them???? It won't effect the economy?? But, hey. What can I say that I haven't said before? I tried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit