Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

The message remains the same. Reform your lives or be chastised. From the comments I have read about God's supposed non-existence in this forum, it seems that we will only learn the hard way. Do not harden your hearts lest you ensure your own non-existence. Some demand proof. And what a surprise when they get it! But they attribute it only to nature (global warming), never with an inkling that SOMEONE controls nature. Or they say: we have always had these disasters. Do we imagine that people in other times and places did not need repentance and warnings? God has sent forth His Word and it will not return to Him void. I assure you, there will come a time, if people persist in their arrogance and unbelief, when nothing I have said will be crazy, amusing, or a lie.

See "Florida, U.S. Gulf states brace for another hurricane"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050919/sc_afp/usweatherflorida_050919160743

Let he who has eyes to see, see and ears to hear, hear.

• anewme
  • jstalin
    jstalin

I see and hear completely natural phenomena occurring. You see a sign from God? How can you distinguish? Is a thunderstorm a sign? How about a tornado? How about a blizzard? Which weather phenomena are signs from God? And what do they mean? Howdo you know?

Since God is all-knowing and all-powerful (a contradictory proposition), why doesn't God just pop out of the sky and say, "hey, folks, you're not following my laws!" Instead he sends hurricanes, which happen anyways. At least send a sign that isn't completely normal - like the sun turning blood red or something... something cool anyways!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Somebody had a brain fart?

S

• Bryan
    Bryan

Actually, I believe we are at the top of a severe hurricane cycle. Our planet is alive. In about 7 years the gulf should cool down a bit.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• talesin
    talesin

Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Death, I shall fear no evil.

For I am the meanest SOB in the valley!

~ 82 Airborne, Silent Death Company

Nope, I don't fear Dog.

tal

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Jstalin,

The first sign God sent me WERE thunderstorms. At first I thought they were meant only for me as a warning to change my ways. And they brought me to my knees. ( As an aside, I believe Martin Luther, the reformer, had a similar conversion in a thunderstorm.) But later, I became aware that it was meant for everyone else as well. And that He was using other natural phenomena also (tornadoes, floods, hurricanes, etc.) to call people to repentance. I began calling peoples attention to this when I was in Louisiana. When I came to Florida, I continued street preaching. I can honestly say that since I began preaching, these past two years have seen the most frequent and worst hurricanes. It's really kind of reminiscent of the most frequent and worst thunderstorms I had ever experienced when I first became aware.

You want God to pop out of the sky and speak to you. That isn't the way He operates. He always uses humans as instruments, who speak in His behalf. He has done so throughout the ages.

• Sara Annie
    Sara Annie

Since the beginning of time man has sought to explain the hardships we face, the tragedies that befall us as inhabitants of a volatile planet.

Of all the reasons for the suffering we see around us, none is so powerful--and at the same time so weakly conceived--as the idea that the supreme ruler of the universe, the very force from which all things are said to have originated, this divine being who some believe to have created man in his image, enacts these tragedies upon his own creation as punishment for disobedience.

It's a pretty good argument, really. It cannot be reasoned with, it cannot be disproven, and any disagreement with this belief will be met only with a smug self-righteousness that comes from being truly convinced that of every school of thought available and imagined, the one you hold dear is the only one that has any validity. You cannot be argued with--God is on your side. And if that is what you need, what makes you happy and gives you purpose, I am happy for you.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    God has sent forth His Word and it will not return to Him void.

sorry, too late.

I assure you, there will come a time, if people persist in their arrogance and unbelief, when nothing I have said will be crazy, amusing, or a lie.

okay. but, until then, can it stay crazy, amusing and dishonest?

TS

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tetra,

Apparently, until you are warned it will remain crazy, amusing and a lie.

And you are right. For those states already effected by the previous hurricanes, it is too late. So, do you imagine that we are worse than where you live?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit