Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Are you claiming credit for the hurricanes and tornadoes? How do we know it's your god who is causing them? Maybe it's zeus who is upset, cuz practically all of the world has stopped worshipping or praying to him. Or, maybe one of those zorostrian deities.

S

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gring,

I suppose God should take some lessons from you. Than He might know how to run the world.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Satanus,

How can faux prophets, who are just words and no power, possibly be credited with these hurricanes?

Now God! That is a different story altogether.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

To all those who think that love excludes all judgment, I wonder where you get that idea. It certainly isn't from our experience. If it were, there would be no justice system, no jails, no life imprisonment and certainly no death penalty. So, why, the horror with pedophilia expressed in this forum?

And where did you get the idea that God's love excludes all judgment? Certainly not from the Bible. The following are just a few samples of what we find in it. There are just too many woes proclaimed against the Scribes and Pharisees (Matt. 23) and even cities like Chorazin, Bethsaida and Capernaum (Matt. 11:20-24) for that to be true. Matt. 25 speaks of the judgment of all the nations and the eternal destiny of all peoples. Luke 13:1-5 states: "At that very season there were certain ones present that reported to him about the Gailileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. So in reply he said to them: 'Do YOU imagine that these Galileans were proved worse sinners than all other Galileans because they have suffered these things? No, indeed, I tell YOU; but, unless YOU repent, YOU will all likewise be destroyed. Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, thereby killing them, do YOU imagine that they were proved greater debtors than all other men inhabiting Jerusalem? No, ineed, I tell YOU; but, unless YOU repent, YOU will all be destroyed in the same way." What about "Vengeance is mine says the Lord; I will repay?" Romans 12:19 Etc. So, while the Bible speaks of God's love and mercy and forgiveness, it is also balanced with His judgment and justice.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Kenneson,

I was thinking about Luke 13 yesterday, but I didn't wish to add fuel to this pathetic fire. Now since you mentioned it:

"At that very season there were certain ones present that reported to him about the Gailileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. So in reply he said to them: 'Do YOU imagine that these Galileans were proved worse sinners than all other Galileans because they have suffered these things? No, indeed, I tell YOU; but, unless YOU repent, YOU will all likewise be destroyed. Or those eighteen upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, thereby killing them, do YOU imagine that they were proved greater debtors than all other men inhabiting Jerusalem? No, ineed, I tell YOU; but, unless YOU repent, YOU will all be destroyed in the same way."

While "current events" (political repression + accident) are used as an illustration of what is the possible fate of all, the text explicitly denies that they happened as a punishment on particular sinners, or that they are to be taken as a warning of impending judgement on particular sinners.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Kenneson,

this is ridiculous. if i were jesus, i would be super pissed at you by this point. maybe you should just go put yourself in the middle of god's next hurricane. if he kills you, then at least he will spare the thousands of other lives that he would have taken trying to get at you. then again, if everyone else dies around you, and you come off unscathed, then at least you would have something cool to tell your xian buddies next sunday.

JT,

hey, nice photo!

TS

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Nark,

The ones who will be punished, as I see it in Luke, are all who refuse to repent.

Tetra,

Tis a pity you live so far away. I wouldn't mind preaching in the streets of Calgary. But not to worry. God uses nature to preach too. Hey, God gave the people of Louisiana and Florida and the rest of the Gulf Coast some 20 years to repent before He acted. He is slow to anger, but we are not told that He never gets angry. Do you really have doubts that Canada has not been repeatedly warned by God, albeit lesser warnings so far?

Sounds like you want me to throw myself off the parapet to see if God will prevent the striking of my feet on the ground or is it my drowning?

P.S. Are you sure that He is pissed at me?

• lawrence
    lawrence

Kenneson-

What are we supposed to repent from? I have repented. Have you? That having been said, who dropped you as a child on your head, or have you taken a fall of late. You were not called as Jeremiah, so get a jug, sip a little, and forget the "self suffering servant paradigm." Delusions are great, when we have a reason for them.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Ken,

Tis a pity you live so far away. I wouldn't mind preaching in the streets of Calgary.

there are already many Jehovah's Witnesses here. please stay in alabama.

But not to worry. God uses nature to preach too.

no. you're all wrong. ALLAH uses nature to preach. you and jesus will bow before him!!

Hey, God gave the people of Louisiana and Florida and the rest of the Gulf Coast some 20 years to repent before He acted.

ya, OR: it's hurricane season. m'mm?

He is slow to anger, but we are not told that He never gets angry. Do you really have doubts that Canada has not been repeatedly warned by God, albeit lesser warnings so far?

i have no doubts that canada has been warned kenneson. ROFLMFAO!!!!

Sounds like you want me to throw myself off the parapet to see if God will prevent the striking of my feet on the ground or is it my drowning?
    sure, whatever, go for it. and please, sire no children before departing.
    P.S. Are you sure that He is pissed at me?
    i said he would be, not that he is. "would be"...if he existed in any other place than your delusioinal mind...
  • Narkissos
    Narkissos
    The ones who will be punished, as I see it in Luke, are all who refuse to repent.

You read "be punished" into the text. It says "perish" -- apollumi, to lose oneself, to die. It doesn't describe a special punishment from God, only the common fate of mankind from which (according to the text) one can find a quite unnatural escape through repentance. Before "current events" such as those mentioned in this passage, people usually react by feeling the victims were unlucky or they deserved it (meaning, those who escaped were lucky or somehow better). Jesus answers that no fate is actually better than another. Only "salvation" makes a difference.

Kenneson, from your past posts you sounded like a sensible Christian. This is not the case here. One reason why I appealed to your Catholic faith is that its sense of community (communio sanctorum) is usally a strong protection against individual self-delusion in the name of God. This is already apparent in a number of late NT texts: "I pray that you may have the power to comprehend, with all the saints, what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." (Ephesians 3:18f). "Private interpretation" leads nowhere (2 Peter 1:20).

Of course I understand that at this point any objection and criticism reinforces your conviction. I hope you are aware of that too and still able to beware about it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit