Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Nark,

On Luke 13:4

I don't think perish means just to die, since as you say all men die. The unrepentant who die are indeed punished since they do not attain "salvation." I don't think Jesus considered either His audience or those upon whom disaster fell "saved." His listeners were no better than the others. Moreover, the New Testament is explicit that physical death is a consequence and punishment for sin. As an example, see Rom. 5:12

Love doesn't exclude judgment. It isn't based on knowledge. Nor does God's judgment derive from "private interpretation." As a matter of fact, what is going on along the Gulf coast is quite public to those who have eyes to see.

Oh, and Tetra, I don't live in Alabama and I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    please stay in alabama.

Kiss my butt.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I really haven't read this thread, but I gotta agree with Robdar,

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

robdar,

sorry, florida. the whole Neil Young/Alabama issue must still be a touchy one.

ken,

I certainly can't make you think differently.

no, but god'll kick my ass at the rapture, blah blah blah...

let me ask you this: if God told you to MAKE me think differently or kill me, what would you do? (think of Jonah and Nineveh). it's a serious question. i want to know. will you do anything your god tells you to do, regardless of how crazy it seems to you? (think moses and the midianites).

i want to know your answers to these questions. it seems these questions need to be asked more now than ever.

But a delusion is something falsely believed. What I see with my own eyes tells me it is not a delusion, but indeed from God.

from wiki:

A delusion is commonly defined as a false belief, and is used in everyday language to describe a belief that is either false, fanciful or derived from deception. In psychiatry, the definition is necessarily more precise and implies that the belief is pathological (the result of an illness or illness process).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delusion

if you are seeing it with your own eyes, and trying to convince others of it's reality (ergo posting bleeding repentance threads), then you should seek medical attention. seriously. jesus is a dream. you are delusional. the probability of you being unlike any other prophet before you is so miniscule that i am not even willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

But you attribute it to: Oh, it's hurricane season. Not even the scientists believe what is going on is normal.

okay? so? that makes the exceptionally far-out proposal by you a reality? give me a break man. scientists say it's not normal, so it must be Jesus Christ! Amen!

Before I ever heard of global warming I intuitively knew something was not right, but I felt it was God's doing.

intuition. feelings. what should come next? mmm, maybe: subjective?

so, if i read you right, god is causing global warming? and you know this because you intuitively feel it?

do you have any evidence to show that god is behind global warming or hurricanes? this is another question i would like answered. because if it is "no", then it is like me telling you that Richard Dawkins and the departed ghost of Carl Sagan are causing the hurricanes, just because i feel it intuitively.

TS

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    sorry, florida. the whole Neil Young/Alabama issue must still be a touchy one.

Neil actually performed this live with LS.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

FHN,

whats "LS"?

ken,

another question for you (three so far now):

if god is in charge of bad weather, then is he in charge of all the good weather too?

if the sun rises on the "good" and "evil", then is not all the beautiful sunny days that all the well tanned homosexuals have experienced really a testament that god loves even these sinners equally? (question 4)

TS

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Tetra,

You don't want my answers. You have rejected each one I have brought up. I'm not going to entertain you anymore.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Tetra,

You don't want my answers. You have rejected each one I have brought up. I'm not going to entertain you anymore.

reject? they weren't good answers! i pointed out what anyone with half a brain would have.

it's a simple question that i doubt Paul would have hesitated to answer (think stoning Stephen and then changing religions): would you KILL ME, Kenneson?

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

It's just silly to believe that a god has anything to do with natural disasters. Does FEMA or the USDA or other agencies use the Bible to determine what to do in case of emergency? (Hah,maybe they should )

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    whats "LS"?

Neil performed Sweet Home Alabama with Lynard Skynard, (don't feel like looking up the spelling, thus LS) He did it to show he wasn't offended by being mentioned in their song, because of his song, Alabama. Forgive, please, I'm very sleepy. Long busy day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit