Another Warning From God

by Kenneson 162 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Kenneson,

your evasion of my questions is in typical fundamentalist style.

i would never kill you. god could appear to me, and tell me to, and i still would not kill you. Carl Sagan could appear to me as a ghost, and i would not harm anyone. i have no allegiances.

i dare say, however, that if your god told you to kill me, that you would indeed kill me.

and that's where the difference between a mentally ill individual on the street, and a mentally ill individual in an institution lies.

the scary thing is that you are but one small breaking point from becoming violent becuase of your faith. god communicates with you. you are simply the voice box, right? so if he told you to do anything, i doubt you would hessitate.

and that is dangerous. islamic fundamentalism or christian fundamentalism. THEY"RE BOTH ABRAHAMIC, AND BOTH DANGEROUS TO OUR SOCIETY.

TS

• Caedes
    Caedes

kenneson, I would think that a lot of people on here may disagree with you but those same people would also defend your right to spout fundy nonsense all over the place, but your god is incapable of showing the same tolerance? it seems ridiculous to suggest that your god, a supposedly loving omnipotent creator is less emotionally capable than the people he created? If I can understand that sometimes I am less perfect in my communication why can't He?

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Caedes,

I repeat what I have said before. Repent or be chastised.

You shall not test the Lord God.

The Potter does not answer to the pot. And as far as I am concerned, I have done what I was told to do. And I have no more to say to you or anyone else on this issue. So those who think they can put me in an asylum, do it.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Repent or be chastised.

Yeah, cursed, got it...

Are you done talking? Cause we're done listening...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i'll take that as a YES, that you would kill me if your imaginary friend told you to do it. thanks a lot. so much for humanity!

so sad. and we're the ones in need of repentance?

ts

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

God wants you to pray for Satan. What better way to show unconditional, selfless love, than to pray for the Prince Of All Evil? But Satan can't be saved can he? Of course he can! Do you think God isn't powerful and loving enough to forgive Satan? The bible says: "All things are possible through prayer." The last time I checked, "All things" included every single thing, and that means Satan too! Come on Kenneson, this is what you should have been doing since day one! What were you thinking?!? Jesus Christ, it's so basic! So, what do you need to do? Simple, pray that Satan sees the mistakes he's made, asks for forgiveness, and invites Jesus Christ into his heart as his own personal savior. Should we pray for anyone else while we are at it? Stop wasting your time praying for anyone else. If Satan repents, you may never have to say another prayer for anyone ever again! Imagine that, no more evil and sin! Just happiness and love! Satan will then use his powers for good!! Think of it, we'll be telling our grandchildren what sin was! When Satan does repent, what do we do? How does "Live happily ever after...forever" sound? There you have it folks....Pray for Satan! spiritual insight gleaned from normalBobSmith

• avishai
    avishai
    This is just my point of view and it's isn't meant to offend anyone...) But isn't it possible that part of the purpose of this life and all of the garbage that happens in it is to teach humans that when they keep pushing God away and insist on doing things their way, the world sucks? Every day, in one way or another, each and every human says, "I know what's good for me better than you do, God. I'll do things my way - thank you very much." and God lets us... He's giving us our time to try doing things our way. He doesn't like seeing us go through all this stuff... It's just like teaching a child - you can tell them over and over again, "you don't want to touch that stove because you'll get burned", but the child doesn't really learn until they go ahead and touch the stove anyway (notice: the child doesn't touch the stove until, in some part of their mind, they decide "I know better than you - I'm gonna do it anyway"). * shrugs * Just a thought... (It's really amazing how often people take their anger and frustration from the bad religious experiences they've had with people out on God.)

It's really easy to see things this way when you are a healthy, walking, thinking adult.

It's not when you've worked with people who are so mentally ill they constantly try to chew through their own arms. It's not when you see people born with their insides half out and half to live their lives in debilitating pain...When you've seen children who's parents have prostituted thm at age two, over and over, and then tried to kill them with a butcher knife, etc. I've seen all of these things working in the fields i have. Sorry, I don't share your Rosy view.

• Caedes
    Caedes

Kenneson,

couldn't be bothered to answer my questions?, still, I imagine god must keep you pretty busy these days.

• gringojj
    gringojj

This is a great thread! Really shows you how ignorant and really wrong the fundys are!

• avishai
    avishai

Oh, and another thing, why would he have to teach GENERATION AFTER GENERATION this damn lesson? Geez, If you believe the flood, sodom and gommorrah...

And then the things that REALLY happened...The black plague, Two world wars, the holocaust, pol pot, bosnia, thailand, etc. I mean, geez, if your right, when is enough enough? Does he just keep it up with these miniature armaggedons until one group in a specific area gets it "right"? Huh? Or does the whole world have to submit, ala Osama bin laden's demands? *in Jerry Seinfeld voice* What's up with that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit