For those who Believe the bible to be true............

by defd 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Esau, he was hairy

LMAO! ((((Joel))))

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Please define 'true'

Seriously, I like Elijah because he's the proof that you can have a strong, active faith and still find yourself in a mess. It's not a sign of sinfulness or weak belief, it can happen to anyone, anytime.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Samson? He was totally pussywhipped. Are you pussywhipped defd?

• defd
    defd
    Samson? He was totally pussywhipped. Are you pussywhipped defd?

No, there was more to Samson than that.

• Honesty
    Honesty

That's easy. The First and the Last, the Savior, Rock, I Am, Lord of Lords and King of Kings, Judge, Lamb of the world and creator....

The One that the Governing Body of JW's has dethroned and overthrown

The One that the Governing Body has taken the place of for millions of JW's by being their mediator instead of Him

The One who JW's are being denied access to by the disgusting annual WT 'memorial celebration'

The One whose words are twisted and distorted by the WTBTS.to furhter their own selfish interests

JESUS

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The man then cuts up his concubine and sends her body parts to all the parts of Israel.

I always thought this holy "man of God" was a sick f*** like the serial murderer in the movie "Seven".

It's similiar to the story of Noah....where men in S & G want to rape the angels that are staying in Noah's house and Noah says he'll send out his daughters instead.

Noah....Lot...what's the difference. Actually, the S & G story is a variant of the Flood myth, as I discussed in earlier posts...

Who's my favorite character? It would have to be Joseph...because the story is so damn good!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Jesus ofcourse! He is alive today and forevermore.

He is the King of Kings and Lord of all.

Hibie

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

I was always fascinated by Salomé. The girl who danced at the party, is that the name?...lol She must have been quite the looker to get the king to give her anything she wanted. The more power to her!

Samson!!??-The one who caught fire to his enemies' field by tying down 300 poor foxes together and putting torches on their tails? Sheesh!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Peter. He was a real nut job. Kinda' like me. Really impetuous? He was a real strange case but Jesus helped nim to see things from a more proper perspective. Drew his sword on one ofthe soldiers and took dudes ear off. " I'll cutcha' if you want me to!!! " Really loyal to his crew. He had his homies back, and front.

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I don't believe the bible to be true anymore, but all those bible stories and characters don't do a thing for me. After 42 years of hearing the same old stuff, over and over again, they make me want to puke. Also, they way the "society" was always trying to make "modern-day application," it always seemed so artificial and right down boring.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit