For those who Believe the bible to be true............

by defd 133 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

And HOW did defd's hero, Super-Samson manage to catch 300 foxes out of the blue and tie them all up with torches? I think we discussed that one before....

• defd
    defd

lilycurly hi. I come in peace

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Me too.:P We kid those we love.We have talked before, and I do think that Samson's story can be entertaining...but to beleive it as true, that, I MUST be explained.

• Now What?
    Now What?

I don't count Jesus as a character of the story because He is the story. So as far as characters go, I like Judas Iscariot, or actually the dichotomy between him and Peter.

Both sinned against Jesus: one betrayed him once, the other denied him three times. Both felt remorse for doing so. And both tried to correct the wrongs they commited. The biggest difference though was that Peter sought forgiveness for his crime against his Lord and Judas did not.

The story of Judas reminds me of how even though we try to make amends after we commit wrongs, we need to go that one step further and actually ask for forgiveness and reconciliation. Is it really so hard to be humble enough to ask for forgiveness after a wrong? I often thought how awesome it would have been if Judas would have approached Jesus on the cross and said "I am very sorry Lord, please forgive me" and Jesus responding, "I do forgive you."

I can relate to being like Judas many times in life, especially when I was still active. So I like the story/character of Judas Iscariot.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

mrsjones Samson? He was totally pussywhipped. Are you pussywhipped defd? What is that supposed to mean? Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

mrsjones.... I like the bible history with David and Goliath.....did you say you were 6 feet? Hibie

• defd
    defd

Hibie u do not want to know

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

The bigger they are the harder they fall....

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

defd & Hibie..........the start of a beautiful freindship.

All say "Ahhh!"

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like David's third wife, Abigail. She was one smart lady. Notice how David's fortunes turned once she joined his entourage?

Abigail

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2002/abigail.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit