For those who Believe the bible to be true............

by defd 133 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Misspeach did not assume this? This is in that account. show me WHERE it says he wasnt SUPPOSED to go NEAR a vineyard.

"In fact not even going near grapes really." Misspeaches words not the bibles

That is my point . That little sentence ADDED by her, changed everything. All just to apply it to me. I guess i should be flattered, but I am not.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

I like the book of Job because it shows that even though you get dealt a bad hand if you persevere you'll be rewarded in the end. It also shows that in your worst times your friends can be assholes AND that one book really showcases God's sense of humor and ultimate sarcasm. It makes you REALLY not want to get into any kind of debate with Him.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

jgnat - Thank you posting that. I just learned more about Nazrites in reading that than I learned in several decades as a witless.

Very interesting!

There is so much to learned here - and to think that defd and his ilk must try and learn something from the pseudo-intellectual Awake and Watchtower. Like trying to learn history from Dr Seuss. LOL

Jeff

• defd
    defd

jgnat - Thank you posting that. I just learned more about Nazrites in reading that than I learned in several decades as a witless.

Obiviouslly you are not a witness no more because of lack of study and meditation. The same information Jgnat gave you concerning a Nazarite is also Avaliable to JWS through the Insight Books. If you just learned that from this conversation and not from decads of being a Witness, that is part of your problem!

• defd
    defd

It is funny how people around here like jgnat and ak-jeff stop posting on a thread when they are forced to admit they are wrong.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I don't know how I could be clearer. Samson had no business in a vineyard. The commands for a Nazirite are explicit.

Running away? Nope, it's more like a pearls, swine thing.

• defd
    defd

cope out

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well then, answer this, "The commands for a Nazirite are explicit." I think you owe misspeaches an apology.

• defd
    defd

Misspeach said that from the bible it states that samson was not allowed by God to be in or near a vineyard and tried to apply it to me. Then YOU chimed in and agreed with her. I said the bible says NOTHING like that, even the verses are there in plain site! Yet, when YOU chimed in you said: "It seems misspeaches spoke true of the bible account, assuming nothing."

So you agree with her ASSUMPTION of the bible verses in question. Again, SHOW me where it says that Samson was not ALLOWED by God to be in or NEAR a vineyard. You cant, that is why this thread went dead. No proof, just assumptions and own Ideas.

• jgnat
    jgnat

"neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried. All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk. "

Tell me, should a teetotaler be in a bar? Or a Nazirite in a vineyard?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit