For those who Believe the bible to be true............

by defd 133 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

Who is your favorite bible character and, or, account and why?

• JH
    JH

In other words, you're asking me who is my biblical "idol"?

• trevor
    trevor

The Devil

He never lies. He told Adam and Eve the truth when God lied to them.

He always delivers what he promises unlike the ‘Faithful and discreet slave‘.

What a guy!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I like BALAAM'S ASS.

W

• JH
    JH

Potifar's wife as well as Bathsheba

• defd
    defd

For me it is hard to narrow down to just one. I can relate to Samson, I like that account. He was equivalent to a mondern day Superman. I could see myself doing something like he did.

• lawrence
    lawrence

Peter - The Rock. Crucified like His Lord, but head down.

Defd- Don't tell me about Brooklyn's FDS after what I just said. Please don't make a mockery of something you speak to be Holy - Christianity. Then look at this mangy rogue gang of thugs and hoods (Governing Body?) Defd - think about what I just said; as well as you lurkers.

Apostles vs. Middle Managers (very bad ones)

• under74
    under74

well, I don't think the Bible is literal or factual but my favorite story would be...mmmm...so many...

I like the story of Job because of the way the book of Job is written. I however don't think an all knowing god and loving god would make a bet with the devil and destroy a man's life.

The story from Judges is interesting... about the man who goes to get his concubine and then stops in a strange town. An old man takes them in for the night and then men surround the house saying they're going to rape the strange man but he sent out his concubine whom was raped for the whole night and then died. The man then cuts up his concubine and sends her body parts to all the parts of Israel. It's similiar to the story of Noah....where men in S&G want to rape the angels that are staying in Noah's house and Noah says he'll send out his daughters instead. Both are strange and disturbing.....they make no sense for modern christians as far as I'm concerned....so I'm curious if this will be defended.....

• defd
    defd

Under not looking for debate just an honest question for good conversation

• under74
    under74

I wasn't debating.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit