by HappyDad 142 Replies latest social family

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

So sorry Happydad

Josie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

HD,

This is all just too sad. What a terrible ordeal for you all to be going through! I can certainly understand why you feel as you do about the possible outcome for a previously bright and active little boy.

All I can say is that I wish you all the strength to get through this and to draw closer together with all that has already happened. Keep us posted when you can, and be assured of our love and prayers on your family's behalf.

hugs,

Annie

• Sassy
    Sassy

Oh not so happy today Dad.. I am soooooo sorry that this is happening to your loved ones. I'm in tears just reading your words. So sorry I didnt' see this thread last night.

((((((HUG))))))))

• Angharad
    Angharad

((((HappyDad))))

So sorry you and your family are going through this.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Thank you all so very much. Your concern is really helping me stay collected.

Here is the latest as of noon.

Austin was operated on last night to repair some of the skull fracture. They put a steel rod in the skull for some reason I'm not sure of. His cheek bones are also fractured and one eye is also lacerated. The Dr.'s gave neurological tests this morning but cannot get any response from him. They are now reviewing the spinal x-rays taken in Sebring and plan on doing some type of spinal tests to see if there is response to these. He is on total life support since he cannot breathe on his own.

They told s-i-l this morning that if the spinal tests are negative, then there is permanent brain damage. A decision may have to be made to remove Austin from life support.

The mother went into cardiac arrest last night but was doing ok this morning. Dr.'s say that she will need surgery to repair some of her leg damage. The paralysis is not permanent. Mostly from the initial shock.

My two nephews are on their way to Tampa from NC now to see Ron and then on to Sebring to get Ron's truck since he flew on the helicopter with Austin.

Thanks a million,

HD

• Scully
    Scully

I'm so deeply sorry that your family is going through this horrible ordeal.

Please know that my family sends our heartfelt condolences. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Love, Scully

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i saw this headline over the weekend and for some reason didnt read the thread...wow im so sorry for the anguish you are going through..i cant even pretend to be able to empathize as i have never experienced anything like this...so all i can say is that i hope you continue to cope with your loss and are able to help and support those who have lost even more

ian

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I'm so sorry.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

HD thanks for taking the time to update us..you've been on my mind today. this is so tragic and my heart goes out to you and your family. hugs

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

((((((HAPPYDAD))))))

Please, for now, hang in there as best as you can! Here is my contact information:

Mario J. Balletta
    P.O. BOX 91016
    Johnston, R.I. 02919
    401-954-9919
    [email protected]

WHATEVER YOU/THEY NEED!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit