Family tragedy.........HappyDad

by HappyDad 142 Replies latest social family

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((HappyDad))))

That's such terrible news. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family members. I am so sorry to hear you have all been hurt by this tragedy. May you find comfort in this terrible time.

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am so sorry to hear about your family members.

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

That is the saddest news I've heard in so long...I'm so sorry!

(((((HappyDad and family)))))

• mouthy
    mouthy

Keeping you in prayer

" Please LORD ! We are all asking & praying your will be done -but OUR want is you will guide- direct all the DR ,Nurses & help that is needed to care for this Dads family-our hope is you will heal those that are needing healing,& help those who are suffering from the terrible loss-We ask it in the Name above all others Jesus" Amen

• nilfun
    nilfun

(((HappyDad)))), I'm so sorry -- my heart goes out to you and yours.(()))

• freedom96
    freedom96

Heartfelt thoughts and prayers on its way.....

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

UPDATE............AFTER MIDNIGHT HERE

Hi everyone................

It is now 12:05 AM here in Pittsburgh and I just got home. I went to a very close friends house for support this evening. Part of the evening was spent watching the VMA Award Show between phone calls. (what did we ever do before cell phones?) I had to do something to get my mind off of what is happening.

I can't tell you how many phone calls I've been on all day. As of 9:15 this evening......my daughter called and said that LifeFlight was finally able to take off from Sebring to Tampa with little 5 year old Austin to get him to Tampa. The Dr. team in Sebring was finally abe to stabilize him for the flight. They took off at 8:25 PM in still questionable weather. Ron... my s-i-l was allowed to fly with them.

So far........the prognosis is............little Austin has multiple skull fractures and cannot breathe on his own. He is on a resperator to allow him to breathe. A few of the skull fractures are totally through the bone structure and have lacerated the brain. Right now, he is undergoing emergency surgery. They have to relieve the pressure on his brain for now.

Please forgive me if I seem to jump around on what I am saying. My emotions and tears are getting the best of me. I look at these kids as my own grandkids even though they are not my blood. They are giving Austin a 10 to 15 percent chance of living through the night, and if he does makes it through...............they say he will be permanently brain damaged. This is just too much to bear!

You can condemn me for what I am about to say, but I pray that he doesn't make it through if he has to be a vegetable.

My s-i-l's brother Don lives in Clermont, FL and is a paramedic at SeaWorld of Orlando. He worked with the head surgeons and nurses at the hospital in Tampa. He called ahead and they were all there when the helecopter landed. And he is now there to be with Ron (s-i-l)

I have two nephews who worked for my s-i-l for quite awhile who are still in the JW's...........but this is where I have said in other posts...................that this family who are JW do not even care that me or my daughter left the borg. They love us unconditionally. They moved to North Carolina this past spring but are driving down to FL tomorrow to help run s-i-l's business until this is over. I will be leaving for FL again in a few days.

Ron's daughter's name is Sierra. She was a beautiful and loving child and I will miss her.

I guess that is all I can say for now. I dread the night if my phone rings! Little Austin is a typical 5 year old boy. I need to be there for Ron..............I love him like my own son. I'm happy that he and my daughter are in love.........but very sad with all that is happening now.

I see that there are quite a few posts and I am going to read them now.

I want to thank everyone in advance for your kind words and encouragement that I will now read.

Now I REALLY know the fellowship that we in JWD share. I love and rely on all of you more than you know.

Dad

• Daunt
    Daunt

My mouth was uncontrollably open when I read this account from you. You will be in my thoughts I feel so sorry for your family.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I wish I knew something to say that would comfort you, but I don't know what to say. I do care and this is very sad. I have been caring for my own two grandchildren ages 4 and 9 for a good part of this year. I'd be devastated if something so sad happened to them. Edit: I don't know exactly what bigger force or forces are up there. I do believe in the power of prayer though. Keep as many people praying for you as you can. Include me on the list.

• evita
    evita

So sorry to hear the sad news. Love and condolences from my family to yours.
    Eva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit