Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Don't you know that a family that prays together stays together??

For all the ex-jWs on this board, our families DID pray together. Have some of our families stayed together? NO, they have not.

You need to back away from this soapbox you are on.

Dams

• Legolas
    Legolas

Legolas:

I came around we only went at Christmas.

Yes ..........So what I meant by saying that .....Who was he to me? We would go to midnight mass( When I would fall asleep) when I wanted to get home to bed and be a good girl for Santa!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    That's so unfair to Jesus.

Sorry Hib like I said I don't know if I believe in him right now.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Where is the evidence that Jesus was born on or anywhere near Dec. 25? Everybody knows that this date was selected by the ancient romans simply to replace a pre-existing

pagan holiday, and truth be told, we are ALL the descendents of pagans (at least anybody with a european background), so whats wrong with that? I say, embrace the traditions of our forefathers! Indeed, nearly all the imagery associated with x-mas derives from ancient Celtic Pagan traditions. If I choose to celebrate x-mas it will be on my own terms, dec. 25 originally had NOTHING to do with Jesus, and now its nothing more than an excuse to rack up enormous bills on your visa card so everybody.....just chill !

• upside/down
    upside/down
    For all the ex-jWs on this board, our families DID pray together. Have some of our families stayed together? NO, they have not.

AMEN!!!

u/d

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

joel:

jesus has very little to do with xmas and never has

Yes Jesus was not born on Christmas day but the whole world celebrates Christmas on 25th December.

Jesus however is the real reason we ought to celebrate. It's also the time we are going into the new year so it is a great opportunity to remind the world of HIS EXISTENCE. Jesus is God.

Hibe

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ. So if you don't believe in Jesus Christ why would you celebrate it? Because of the gifts and eats?

I celebrate Xmas for the opportunity to sit at home for a week, get blazed out of my mind, get and give nice gifts, drink eggnog and rum, watch cool movies and sleep in.

GBL

• Princess
    Princess
    Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ.

For you, not for me and probably millions of other Christmas celebrants.

So if you don't believe in Jesus Christ why would you celebrate it? Because of the gifts and eats?

For the kids. I don't believe in Jesus as God or God's son. Christmas is fun. Same reason my Jewish friend celebrates it, and her ex-Catholic abused by the priest and suing the church husband celebrates it. For us, it has nothing to do with Jesus or religion and all about the traditions, festivity and fun of watching the kids. Besides ~shrugs~ it's the perfect time of year to go to Hawaii. It's all about Hawaii for us this year.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Satan has infiltrated and defiled our Christian celebration of Christmas

Wrong AGAIN!

"christians" violated and stole Devil the Satans holiday....EVERYONE knows that.

u/d

ROTFLMFAO

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

dams:

Well in the first place JW church is a bunch of crap. That is the reason why it didn't work.

Besides JW don't celebrate Christmas. Pick sense from non-sense.

Hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit