Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Legolas - I am too legolas thoo reegh shoo 17 pages arguing over an upper case capital ltesher.

HB (of the "I leave an empty cheek pouch by the fire on Xmas eve" class)

• Legolas
    Legolas

But Hamster it will make your day....You will Laugh your ass off!!!

• el jarocho mayor
    el jarocho mayor

its the middle of august and we are already talking bout X-Mas? Wow some people get into the X-Mas spirit really early!!

Hola Preston!!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hola El J. Has X-Mas in August been good to you?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

We wish you a merry xmas -

And a happy new fall!!!!!

Hib - I am afraid that by the time the season gets here, you will be so tense it will take a gallon of rum and eggnog to get you calmed down.

Chill I say - chill!

Jeff

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    I read all your posts and I did respond to you.

Hib, With respect, you have not responded to my comments, all I can find is this:

When you calm down, I would welcome feedback on my recent post please - you are very good at responding to as many posts as you can.

ok I'll calm down because I'll be back for you!!!!

a promise of a resonse, is not a response.

I'm still waiting, but don't worry, I'm used to no response to my points - I talk to JWs now and then - when they are wrong, which is mostly, they dont respond. Sometimes they are right about a point, and they come back and answer me, and I have to change my opinion.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

katie:

From now on its Christ Rays, The Christ Files and Christ marks the spot for me!

Interesting that you posted that katie....that just proves my point X does not stand for Christ otherwise those same terms:

X-rays

X-files

X marks the spot

and so on would make no sense at all.

thank you!!!!

Therefore do not X Christ out of Christmas because X does not symbolise anything.

Hibiscusfire

• undercover
    undercover
    X does not symbolise anything.

Yea it does....whether you (and all your fundie buddies) like it or not....Xmas means Christmas. If someone sees Xmas written in a book, on a flyer, on a billboard; the first thing people associate with it is Christmas....even you...because you'll be the one who starts bitching about it being wrong. And those who have taken the time to do some research have learned that the X in Xmas has an origin and does mean Christ.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

How can you get so upset about an abbreviation?

I have a friend called Louise. People call her Lou. She never gets upset that everyone thinks shes a toilet.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Then "mas" should be represented as a symbol too.

As someone mentioned before people are lazy. Too lazy to glorify Christ so they put X which does not mean anything but X.....nothing!

Hibie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit