Christmas not Xmas!

by hibiscusfire 405 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

“X-mas” is meant to share season’s greeting to all races, cultures and religions. On the other hand, for those with the Christian faith replacing Christ with the “X” for Christmas means forgetting why we celebrate Christmas, which is a celebration meant to commemorate the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, who died and rose to save us from our sins.

Replacing the “X” for Christ is like replacing B.C. (Before Christ) for B.X., or replacing my name on my birthday card. Happy Birthday, “X”! That wouldn’t make much sense.

Throughout the holidays we have forgotten all about Christ. Not only have we replaced Him for the gift-giving Santa Claus, but now we have even replaced the title for the one of the most important religious events all year, HIS BIRTHDAY!

For us, if “X” means nothing, then why cross out his name? If Christ means everything in life, then how dare we replace him with nothing? In math, “X” is a variable replacing any number. Is that what we think of Jesus, as any person? Let us keep the Christ in Christmas and remember that it is Christ we celebrate this year and NOT the “X.”

Merry CHRISTmas!

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Throughout the holidays we have forgotten all about Christ. Not only have we replaced Him for the gift-giving Santa Claus, but now we have even replaced the title for the one of the most important religious events all year, HIS BIRTHDAY!

Hib it's not his birthday.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

legolas at Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We all know He was not born on that day but it is recognised world wide even though you say the christians stole a pagan holiday.

It's not a pagan holiday. Jesus is the real reason we celebrate Christmas not some false god (sun god) baal.

Hibie

• undercover
  • hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Legolas

Everyday we should praise Jesus and celebrate Him for He is God. Yet at Christmas time it gives us a special time for family and friends to even appreciate the year that has gone by and welcome the New Year. It's great to celebrate Jesus' birth because of who He really is.

Jesus is not a baby anymore. It's the way He was born ...to let the younger ones know and for the older ones to remember this occasion always.

Hib

• Legolas
    Legolas
    legolas at Christmas we celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We all know He was not born on that day but it is recognised world wide even though you say the christians stole a pagan holiday.

I don't say it Hib...It is a fact. It was Constantine who did it on his death bed, look it up.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Christmas is one of the most enjoyed holidays of the year. To me, as well as other Christians around the world, this season continually reminds us of the day Christ was born. He gave up everything in Heaven to be born as flesh and experience what we as humans go through every day.

This is a day we give to our loved ones and to those in need. This started when something great was given to us; a baby who would grow up to be a man pure and sinless.

Christmas is very important and when I see the “X” replacing Christ in the word Christmas, I get very upset and feel for those who are blinded by lies. Without Christ there would have never been a Christmas. Without Christ, He would never have died for our sins 33 years later and we would all be condemned to Hell to suffer for eternity. We would have never known what it felt like to know our Savior who gave everything so that we could have everything.

Don’t “X” it! Instead, proclaim it: Merry CHRISTmas!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Hib - No disrespect intended here, but for 19 pages we have been saying over and over again it is just an ABBREVIATION!!!!

Why do you take it personally that most do not see it as you do - are you just looking to be offended? I don't get that! It was like when I was a Witless and was offended when some would just say God instead of Jehovah. Do you go thru life looking to be a martyr? Or are you legitimately unable to grasp that this is just not of importance to most people, even Christians! It is like a caligraphist being upset that some would 'dare' to actually convey thier thoughts without the curls and circles of elegance they use - WOW!

Jeff

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Regardless of who said it Constantine, Elmo, Bigbird.....

Christmas still portrays the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and the importance of His name plays an essential role in this occasion, Christmas is all about Jesus Christ.

Hibie

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Where does it say in the Bible that we're supposed to celebrate his birth?

I thought it was all about the resurrection.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit