Who's ready for some football?

by Big Dog 124 Replies latest social entertainment

• Valis
    Valis

Yes...football that's it..

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

A question for all you experts:

Something I've wondered about, why don't american footballers ever get dirty?

I'm sure you'll be able to tell me.

Ozzie (permanently upside-down class)

• Valis
    Valis

astroturf, which is basically fake grass over concrete...

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

What you talkin bout?

• Sith
    Sith

Valis...which one are you? The one with the nice tits?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Ozzie, you make a point, I think that artificial turf is the work of the debil and should be outlawed by constitutional amendment. The games I enjoy the most are the ones played in the rain and mud, where after each play you get up picking clumps of grass and mud out of your cage, you are soaked to the skin, and everybody's uniform is the same color of mud.

Valis, that picture just brings joy to me on so many levels.

• Purza
    Purza
    Seattle is a major contender

I agree, but I cannot see them making it to the SB. And hey, you can't totally count out the Chargers or the Rams.

TO is a complete and utter a**hole. Philly needs to get rid of him; and possibly McNab (IMHO he just can't win the big games).

Pittsburgh -- gotta love the Steelers!

I agree that the AFC will take home the trophy again this year. Sigh. . .

Purza

• melmoth
    melmoth

valis: "astroturf, which is basically fake grass over concrete..."
    There's a newer 'fake grass' which is much improved and I recall reading that a lot of players actually prefer it to real turf. Forget the name, though, or who's playing on it already.

• Valis
    Valis

we have the new stuff at Texas Stadium

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Domes, fake grass, its all sacreligious, football is a game meant to be played in the elements on a surface that cows, sheep, and horses can dine on, end of subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit