Who's ready for some football?

by Big Dog 124 Replies latest social entertainment

• melmoth
    melmoth

I agree, but then again... where is it written? Are these rules inspired and beneficial?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Mel, in 1976 when I put on my first set of pads and strapped on my first helmet, the invisible presence of the Lord of Football began, and I was chosen as the channel to dispense the proper food in due season.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

'76 was a good year for football, BD.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

It was Fred Franz's first day of "the new system", wasn't it?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Ozzie, Fred Franz couldn't carry my jock, he was banished from football paradise and declared a false prophet.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

see for a second there i thought this thread was about football

silly me

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

you got football where you are?

• talesin
    talesin
    I think that artificial turf is the work of the debil and should be outlawed by constitutional amendment

YES! It's just so ... so ... so sterile! And oh-so wrong.

About 5 years ago, they astroturfed the college field here, grrr. Back in HS is when I got hooked. I'll never forget the last game ... my HS vs the other top ranked team in the province. There was a light rain, and the field was quite muddy. Our team far outranked the other guys, but the slippery conditions of the field made it a whole other game, and we lost. God, it was so exciting!

(and yes, it was Cdn football, but hey, not much difference!)

tal

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

By the way Ozzie, Austrailian rules football, while incomprehensible to me (one notch down from cricket) is pretty cool, I respect the guys that play that game, if they could gain about a 100 pounds they would fit right in the NFL, they definitely have the right mindset.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Go Green Bay, this willbe Farves last year

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit