Who's ready for some football?

by Big Dog 124 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Ah, another true believer. 8 days until the hall of fame game then things get rolling.

• horrible life
    horrible life

GO COWBOYS!!!!!! I still prefer college ball though. HL

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

HL, got to love college ball, just an excitement there you don't find in the pros, notice in the title of the thread I didn't say pro football, I love it all, pros, college, highschool, and pop warner.

GO BUCKS!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Well I'm tired of seeing this thread keep popping up so I will give my 2 cents worth..........I would rather watch grass grow!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the sports 'football' has to be the WORST!!!!!!!

• horrible life
    horrible life

The National Championship is on the horizon. Could you even hope to achieve it? Last year was so good. Our team has been flawless this year. You could feel the excitement when you pulled into the parking lot. Could we beat them? They were our biggest rival this season. Beat them, and we were a shoe-in for the title.

Nobody sat down for the entire game. My feet went to sleep standing. I didn't care. My heart beat like crazy, the entire game. We gave up 14 points in the first 7 minutes. What was happening? What was wrong with our boys? Then we came back. The noise in the stadium was deafening. It was dizzying.

Touchdown, Touchdown, my voice was getting hoarse. It wasn't even halftime yet. Touchdown, field goal. Halftime. Oh, god, I can sit down. They could still win. 24 to 14. Nobody is leaving. Every seat is still taken.

Early in the 3rd quarter another touchdown. It is 31 to 14. Still not a huge lead. They were great competitors. Still alot of time left on the clock. The clock ticked away much too slowly. It was finally over!! No more scoring. Our boys held them. We all screamed, yelled, laughed, clapped. This was the best feeling in the world!! Nobody was leaving. Could not move, still. The young fans close to the field ran on the field. We watched as they were leaping for joy. Every fan glowed. What a drive home!!!

Yes, a few games later we were National Champions!!!

The year was 2000. I still get excited. The game was Oklahoma vs Nebraska. GO SOONERS!!!!!

Legalos: No, this is so much better than watching grass grow!!!!!!

• talesin
    talesin

HL

I know just what you mean! The tension is great, but even better when your team wins. hehehe I usually go to the Atlantic Bowl (college), if the hometown team is playing (which they usually are, they are one of the best in Canada). You just get so frickin' pumped! One year, I got a smile and wave from Keifer Sutherland , as he walked by up the stairs. I was thinking 'who is this guy smiling? ... then it kicked in, lol, I'm sure it registered on my face when I smiled back, so he waved. lol, more excitement!

tal

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Oh Legolas, football is sublime. Its an amazing thing to get 11 people all moving and working in unison on a well crafted play. There is speed, grace, power, and pure athletic skill displayed on every play. Its war but happily no one dies.

HL and Tal, I am an Ohio State fan, learned that on my dad's knee. Was there a more exciting game than the Ohio State v. Miami for the national championship ever?

• delilah
    delilah

Sorry Legolas, I must disagree with you there, grass is so boring to watch....on the other hand, how can you not find those hunks in their uniforms sexy and sweet????? There is nothing boring about that, oh, and the game itself is exciting.....

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Well its official, the pre-season has begun. Went to the game at the Hall of Fame last night and it was a blast. Got to see a fun game and got to say hello to Dan Marino one of my favorite players of all time.

Let the season begin!!!!!!

• Purza
    Purza
    Got to see a fun game and got to say hello to Dan Marino one of my favorite players of all time.

Wow -- how cool was that! I was pleasantly surprised when I turned on the news last night to see a NFL game -- even if it was pre-season.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit