Who's ready for some football?

by Big Dog 124 Replies latest social entertainment

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Brooke, why do I just know there is a cheerleader trapped in your body trying to get out?

• Sith
    Sith

Ahhh, a Brownie fan. BD of course, I have to hate you now. LOL. Is there any better rivalry in sports beyond Steelers/Browns? You and I will have much to discuss in the coming months. You come to the 'Burgh for a Sunday night game on November 13th, pretty late in the season. We come to Cleveland (the Mistake By The Lake) on Christmas Eve.
    Who will take the AFCN this year? A lot of "experts" are going with the Ravens.
    I've never been to the Hall Of Fame. Will you be there for the inductions as well? Marino and Young. Awesome

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I've been a die-hard Broncos for as far back as I can remember. This season we have Jerry Rice and Ron Dayne. I predict that the Broncos will, at the very least, dominate the AFC west this season. They are a very likely candidate for the championship too!

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Brooke, why do I just know there is a cheerleader trapped in your body trying to get out?

LOL....you should see me at the games! Brooke

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Brooke, judging from the apostacheesefest I can imagine you at Lambeau shaking your, er, pom poms.

• melmoth
    melmoth

B.Dog,
    I'm thrilled with Ricky's return, and with Saban. Remains to be seen how Saban does of course, but he has pro experience and seems to have the same approach to the game as Belichik (the two are friends). Ricky handled everything last year really poorly, but those who claim he can't return to form after a year off are mostly wishful thinkers supporting division rivals. Whether he does, or if there will be any blocking for him (last year was so pathetic) are open questions. Ricky and the rookie Brown in the backfield could turn out scary for opponents, if other pieces come together. My best guess is they will be around .500 and miss the playoffs, but at least be competitive week-to-week, with at least enough chance to surprise to keep the season interesting.
    Talesin,
    I've often wondered what I'd choose, offered the hypothetical proposition that my team would make the Super Bowl four years straight and lose them all. Given the changes since then to encourage parity, it's a record that's likely to stand for a looooooooong time. But if it had to happen to somebody, I can't think of a nicer group than Bills fans. heheh....

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I am a loyal bledsoe fan.People in this town forget it was drew who brought them to respectability,and a super bowl,they lost to one of the best teams all time,the 96 packers.Then parcells abandoned the team,and pete caroll ran it into the ground.When the partiots lost ,it was always drews fault,he got screwed,and I hate all the bandwagon idiots in this town,,,,plus I'm just a miserable bastard in general,a real kill-joy.

• talesin
    talesin

BD, I never thought of it like that. Those 4 seasons were riveting, esp. that one quarter final game where they were something like 24 points behind in the final quarter and came back to win it! Thomas, wow! what a receiver.

melmoth,,, lol, I hear ya.

tal

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Sith, don't even talk to me about the Cravens, now if there is a team that I despise its them, and Art Modell, may he burn in hell.

I don't usually go for the inductions, the place is just crazy.

• jt stumbler
    jt stumbler

Is there any better rivalry in sports beyond Steelers/Browns? BRONCOs VS THE HATED RAIDERS. Go Broncos!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit