Who's ready for some football?

by Big Dog 124 Replies latest social entertainment

• mapleaf18
  • Big Dog
    Big Dog

Sith, you've uncovered my secret shame, I just can't bring myself to hate the Steelers. The Cravens are the sole receptical for my vitrol. I sort of hate the Pats because of Belichik who while he was in Cleveland was the biggest ass on the face of the planet, which is sad becasue I do respect the way the Pats have gone about winning.

But on the other hand, Otto Grahm, Paul Brown, Jim Brown, Ozzie Newsome, Bernie Kosar, Clay Matthews, Jerry Sherk, Cleveland had some that even the Steelers can't touch.

• Sith
    Sith

Ohh, Big Dog. Drawing the Hall Of Fame cards already? It's ok though. That's all the Stains have to be proud of. You boys were awesome in years past. Years past.
    We just signed Heath Miller. Plax is gone, but Gibson is on board. I doubt if the Black and Gold will go 15-1 again, but MARK MY WORDS. The Steelers will be World Champions this years. One For The Thumb in fucking '05

• melmoth
    melmoth

"I sort of hate the Pats because of Belichik who while he was in Cleveland was the biggest ass on the face of the planet, which is sad becasue I do respect the way the Pats have gone about winning."
    I have no memory of him in Cleveland, not being a Browns fan, so I just tend to hate the Pats on principle. However, what's worse over the past two seasons was coming to realize how and why they continued winning, and how at least for a while (and maybe still) Belichik was on a level above other coaches. Of course, being a Fins fan, pretty much everybody's coach was on a level above mine the past few seasons. All coaches know X's and O's, some take it a step up by knowing how to manage and motivate pro players, but Belichik has both of those plus a better understanding of how to win in the NFL with the salary cap. (He studied economics, and it's paid off in unexpected ways.)
    So I can't really hate them thoroughly since, like you, I respect the way they have been succeeding.

• kls
    kls

Thank goodness for somethings ,my avatar is not a pig with Football coming and Sith ,i would be skinned alive

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Mel, I'll tell you what else New England gets that others miss, combine statistics (40 yd speed, vertical leap, etc) do not define a good football player. They understand that there are guys that don't blow you away with a stop watch or in the weight room but are great football players. I was like that, slow, undersized, etc. but I would make plays and the coaches would be like, how the hell did you do that? NE has made it an art to find players that are not physical freaks but are great football players.

• Sith
    Sith

Kathy, skinned is not fun...shaved is

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm ready!!! Football in my house means pizza, wine, a third quarter nap (that's me), and cool golden days of autumn -- that is, after we get passed this dratted 100-degree heat of Texas, probably sometime in mid-October.

And, since Big Tex is slammed at work and can't speak for himself, I'll speak for both of us: GO COWBOYS!!!

Nina

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Man it's great being a Pats/Red Sox fan.

When did a town last have the World Baseball and World Football Champs at the same time?

• kls
    kls
    Kathy, skinned is not fun...shaved is

Robbie Robbie Robbie, has anyone ever told you that your chin looks like J, Lenos

Look , i already shaved my hands for ya when you had your personal vacation and now my fingers ,especially the middle one keeps sticking up. It is really odd and only when i see the name Sith/Robbie. Strange isn't it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit