What is your quirkiest quirk?

by damselfly 87 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly

OMG!!!!!! I so want one!!!!!! Maybe if I'm good Santa will get it for me!

I'm a very good girl.

Damselfly

• kazar
    kazar

Something else I do. I hold my breath in an elevator filled with people so I don't breathe their germs. Of course, I almost pass out if it's a slow elevator.

• georgefoster
    georgefoster
    i cant stand long eyebrows so i pluck mine..but not usually with tweezers..with my fingers..problem is i dont get the right one first time so i end up pulling out half a dozen and then it looks awful

Tijkmo: I've got that quirk too. Except when I pull the eyebrow hair out, then I bite it in half, then eat it. I've got some bald patches in my brows. Very quirky.

• loosie
    loosie

OMG damselfly we have the same quirks. Even in the summertime, I have to have a sheet all the way up to my neck and around my shoulders. If something can't see me it can't get me. Right?!?!

What weird is that there is no reasonable explanation for this quirk. Nothing has ever tried to get me at night. The strangest thing that happens is that the tv will go on in the middle of the night. But no sheet or blanket is gonna stop that from happening.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I can't sleep without reading first. I can't just go to sleep. I have a ritual every night.

I eat ice cubes

While I love chocolate, I hate chocolate ice cream and pudding.

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Momofmany, I read somewhere that eating ice is a symptom of being anemic. I don't know for sure if this is a fact, but I believe it to be true cause my wife is anemic and she does that. You might wanna get checked for that, if you never have been. Heh...on a lighter note, I also heard that eating ice is a sign of sexual frustration...not sure if there's any validity to that, though. (I sure hope not, since my wife eats ice!)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Damselfly,

the little squiggly, umbilical cord things in eggs

But they're not umbilical cords. They're the bits where the membrane around the yolk comes together, like the twisty ends on a hard-candy wrapper. Maybe that'll help a little.

Can you not eat fried or hard-boiled eggs then, or is this strictly a texture/appearance issue?

gently feral

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, um ... let's see, there's my entire religious philosophy, my love life, my notion of an ideal job, my husband and children...

The only small quotidian thing I can think of is that I deliberately avoid exact rhyme while writing poetry. I mean, when I'm not writing free verse, I make sure that all my rhymes are just a little bit off.

It's a philosophical thing. I discovered some years ago that I can't say what I mean write a true poem if I have to think about rhyme. Wait, just thought of another one: Sometimes, when I learn something new, I explain it out loud to a nonexistent listener when I get some privacy. Helps me retain things, I think. gently f eral

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I can't stand cupboard doors or kitchen drawers that are left open!!! I have to close/ shut them for some odd reason. I also have a "thing" about window shades in the same room being at different heights showing to the outside!

Other than being absolutely terrified of coming down the stairs of outside staircases like in mountain overlooks and such.......I'm perfectly normal!!!!!

Annie

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

I've got the bathroom issues that have been previously described. If given the choice of plastic utensils vs. silverware, I'll choose the plastic (as it has never been inside someone else's mouth); but I don't like plastic drinking glasses . . . they get scratched and hold all kinds of germs. I'll do anything possible to avoid getting my hands sticky - if something does end up on my hands, I need to wash them instantly - I can't wait. When eating M&Ms, I enjoy seperating them by color. When listening to the television or people talking, I type the words as I hear them. When I use the oven or stove, I have to physically look at each knob and say the word "off" in my head as I actually see that each knob is indeed turned off - if I don't do this, I'll keep going back to the stove to double check that I didn't forget to turn one off.

As a child, I couldn't stand to wear tights that had a seam that ran along the bottom of my foot - I made my mom buy the kind with no seam. Also, the strap on my mary-janes had to be located pretty much in the middle of the shoe - not closer to the toes than the heal. I couldn't wear three-quarter length sleeves . . . they wern't long, and they wern't short - so they felt wrong. And, if I could feel a stray hang nail or piece of skin between my toes or fingers, I would have to immediately find it and cut it off so that I couldn't feel it any longer when moving my toes and fingers. Wearing my hair pulled back in a pony-tail was challenging - because if one hair felt like it was pulled tighter than the others, it had to be redone.

I could go on . . . but I'm starting to feel really psychotic after listing out all these issues.

- CF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit