What is your quirkiest quirk?

by damselfly 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Reality TV puts me into an almost violent rage. I hate it so much that I will not allow it to be viewed on my TV, even when I'm not home. I have roommates who have to watch it in their rooms with the door closed.

• talesin
    talesin

Well, here's a few,,,

I step on the cracks between the sidewalk blocks.

I play games in my head with letters and numbers as I speak and write.

Favorite tea cup, no one else better use it!

I have always twisted a piece of hair around my fingers when concentrating on something.

I will NOT drink from a styrofoam cup unless I am really thirsty and there is no other option ... just thinking about it puts my teeth on edge.

Oh yes, and I like to eat everything separately, in order, and not mix it all together on my plate! First, the veggies, then the potatoes, then the protein (best for last). Even with stir fry, I will usually pick out the boring bits, and save my favorite bites for the last forkfuls.

t

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I will very very carefully separate the chicken from the bone. I cannot stand any veins near my chicken meat.....I automatically start heaving.

When I concentrate I also seem to stick a little bit of my tongue out between my lips....or so I've been told.

I also can't eat mixed deserts - like cake and custard - jelly & custard - I have to have them on separate plates.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Gently Feral ~ Can you not eat fried or hard-boiled eggs then, or is this strictly a texture/appearance issue?

I avoid hard boiled eggs, & for fried or scrambled at home I remove the squiggly bits. I will eat eggs when I'm out at a restaurant but I very consciously MUST be thinking of something else while I am chewing. If the squiggly image pops into my head, then that's it I'm done!

Damselfly

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

I can't eat boiled potato without throwing up. I also do not like bones in meat, it must be as least as recognizable that it is an animal. I know I should be vegaterian, but don't like vegetables that much.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    Momofmany, I read somewhere that eating ice is a symptom of being anemic. I don't know for sure if this is a fact, but I believe it to be true cause my wife is anemic and she does that. You might wanna get checked for that, if you never have been. Heh...on a lighter note, I also heard that eating ice is a sign of sexual frustration...not sure if there's any validity to that, though. (I sure hope not, since my wife eats ice!)

I had never heard that. I was anemic before, guess I need to get some blood work done. Of course I've been single for a few years now. Could be frustration too. If it comes back that my iron is ok, then we will all cry for your wife. <g>

• Ellie
    Ellie

Momofmany - A quick way to check if you're anemic is to stick out your tongue, if its white then you probably need to get some iron tablets.

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

Thanks for the tip. Yes, it was white. Heading out to go shopping today, so I will pick some tablets up while I am out. I hate crunching ice. I know it's killing my teeth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit