What is your quirkiest quirk?

by damselfly 87 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

well greendawn, thats all we have here, your welcome to come eat over at my house anytime. (I hate plastic too)

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I like the toilet paper to hang in one direction, the paper over the top. I have to change it if its in the wrong direction no matter where I am

I only use blue Bic Cristal M ball point pens. My colleagues know I can't stand writing with any other pen because they are not rolly enough or the right colour so they find them and give them to me.

The toothbrushes MUST be facing the same direction in the toothbrush holder and toothpaste must be squeezed from the bottom.

If the furniture is moved even slightly I have to rush over and fix it back up again. Other wise everything is out of balance.

Everything must be perfectly neat on my desk. If there has to be papers on my desk then they must be in perfectly neat piles and moved away as soon as reasonably possible.

I go around and clean all the light switches and door handles in the house on a daily basis.

My boyfriend says I display OCD behaviour... Ya reckon?

• loosie
    loosie

Richie: I can understand. I didn't use a public restroom for #2 until I was like 25.

Horrible life: I hate spiral staircases.
    I never, never pick up the first magazine. I always get the one further down the pile. The same goes for a newspaper

I think you must have seen a scary movie with a spiral staircase in it. When I was younger I was petrefied of walking up stairs if I could see thru the steps. I thought I was going to fall though.

tetrapod.sapien
    i like having imaginary "conversations" in my head with Jerry Falwell.

I always have conversations with people in my head. that way I am prepared when the conversation really comes up.

Now for my quirk: I cannot sleep with my hand hanging the top side of the bed. In the back of my mind something will grab my hand while I sleep. I so need to grow up. After 3 decades of living you'd think I'd figure out nothing is gonna get me.

• damselfly
    damselfly

OMG loosie! are we related?

I always have conversations with people in my head. that way I am prepared when the conversation really comes up.

I do this all the time! It's gotten to the point where I state something and then follow with......did I already say this? I'm such a dork!!!!!!

I also can't have any part of me (except my head) out of the covers.........Because something IS out there! I spent years turning out the light and leaping into bed from the doorway.

Damselfly

• melmoth
    melmoth

I'm alone 95% of the time but lonely 0%. Some people find that odd. Solitude=bliss, I say.
    I almost never go to the cinema. Some find that a little odd too. I prefer movies at home.
    I can usually sleep on airplanes, but generally pull a blanket up over my head to do it. I don't think this is quirky, but come to think of it I can't recall ever noticing anyone else doing that (maybe because I spend my flight time snoozing).

• Elsewhere
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Damselfly, something tells me you are a Far Side fan.....

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

My only quirk may be that I absolutely positively cannot tolerate quirks of any kind.

I work very hard to elimimate from my life and my psyche anything that might be considered the least bit quirky.

Unfortunately, in my quest for perfect normalcy, I find myself picking up other people's quirks, thinking their behaviors to be the standard at first and, therefore, something that I should adopt in order to be considered normal.

But I think this treadmill of accepting, imitating, and then rejecting the quirks of others is perfectly normal and not the least bit quirky.

~Merry

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thanks alot Else! Now I'll have nightmares.

I also am a little scared of the dark. If I need to get up in the middle of the night it's torture! I had rope lighting under my bed, until very recently, on a remote that I could just reach out one hand, press the button and presto! Under the mattress is all lit up!

Damselfly

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Dams, I slept on a mattress like that, it also rotated and vibrated if I put quarters in the little slot on the nightstand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit