What is your quirkiest quirk?

by damselfly 87 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

Yeah, I also talk aloud to myself. Sometimes I have heated debates with imaginary opponents.

Sometimes in languages other than my mother tongue. I dread to think that someone has overheard me. I must have sounded like a complete wacko.

Otherwise I'm almost perfectly normal.

Pole

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Pole, you seem perfectly above normal to me, in every way.

• tabbycat
    tabbycat

Elsewhere, misanthropic, thom, damselfly - oh yes! After too much time with other people I feel the need to lie down in a darkened room. I did think I might be an actual misanthrope for a while, I can be so anti-social...spending time alone is so under-rated. Same goes for the 'phone. It's very rare that I answer...I'm not sure if it's laziness or neurosis, just call me Greta.

There are hosts of other quirks, far too numerous (or ridiculous) to list...

• FMZ
    FMZ

Cotton buds, aka Cutips. Every time I go into the bathroom, I have to clean my ears. It really isn't healthy, I know, very bad habit. But it is a comfort thing. My mother told me that she used to play with my earlobes with a cutip to help me sleep. Guess it carried over.

Also, I'm a perfectionist. If I tidy, everything has to be perfectly straight, and even. This made my employment at Walmart hell because I would spend hours tidying one aisle, perfectly fronting everything and making everything jsut right. Well, the customers would come and mess it up, and the bosses would not see how perfect my work was. Always had complaints, apparently it is quantity, not quality that counts at Walmart.

FMZ

• Pole
    Pole

misanthropic,

Thank you.

Pole of the "blushing wacko" class

• anewme
    anewme

Does sleeping with dogs qualify as a quirk?
    Literal dogs----under the covers?

When I first met my husband to be we had 3 dogs under the covers with us.

Now we have only two.

I find them comforting somehow.

• melmoth
    melmoth

damselfly: "that is just mean."
    it's merely the truth, and the truth just might set them free (from pointless compulsions)
    anyway, i'm just kidding

• damselfly
    damselfly

melmouth ~ I'm glad you were just kidding. Sadly sometimes they know the OCD is pointless but they just can't stop.

• kazar
    kazar

I also have the public bathroom ritual of not touching anything in it without wads of paper towels....especially going out the door. It also extends to restaurants. I wrap a napkin around the salt and pepper before I use it.

• greendawn
    greendawn

I can't use plastic objects with meals, no plastic knives and forks and no plastic table to eat on instead I like eating on a solid wood one with metalic knives and forks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit