Women What do you Look for in Men

by LouBelle 82 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

a man who makes me laugh. I've been laughing for 12.5 years

• lazyslob
    lazyslob

"Doesn't smoke, do drugs or drink like a fish (except at weddings)" Thats me exept I donĀ“t do weddings. Do I have a chance?

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

Paul, glad you added to the thread and that is completely important.

And I agree with legolas on this completely:

And with all honesty you can say "He's the kindnest man I know."

Money doesn't mean a thing if they are a jerk about everything else. Another thing for me is a willingness to learn, someone who is curious about life and wants to keep learning more.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

He must be attractive to me. I don't care if other people think he's attractive.

Chemistry.

We have to have important things in common.

He must genuinely like the feminine gender. He would not be someone whining about how silly or awful women are. He'd be someone who is not intimidated by an assertive, strong woman.

He needs to be on the same intelligence level as me or smarter.

He needs to have similar political sensibility.

He doesn't need to be a prude.

He should be someone who doesn't objectify women.

Wit and humor are nice touches.

• blondie
    blondie

a pulse

• Gozz
    Gozz

Legolas,

may be this is a cultural/regional thing; but it's not uncommon for ladies around Scandinavia to feel (and show by some recognizable facial reaction or body language) that it's condescending to hold the door for them. I don't mean on a date. A colleague from Western Europe recently complained about sth like this. Now, I don't mean to make a sweeping generalization, but it appears the number of those ladies objecting to this gentlemanly act is qute significant around here.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Gozz I think because some women want to be on such a par with men that they view it as uncouth or discrimination - Some women just don't like to be treated that way - sad really. I mean I love being teated in a gentle man (however there are times when rough is good). Though I'm truly a liberated woman I personally still enjoy being treated like a lady. It makes a HUGE difference as to how I view him.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Real gentlemen open doors for elderly women, homely women and fat women as well as pretty women. It's the guy who holds a door open for a beautiful girl, only to let it slam on a grandmother and her grandchildren, following directly behind, that irritate a lot of women. It's not the manners, it's the selective way some men show them.

• gumby
    gumby

1. Intelligent
    2. Sense of humour
    3. Responsible
    4. Doesn't smoke, do drugs or drink like a fish (except at weddings)
    5. Reasonably decent looking
    6. Good job
    7. Well endowed

Mary.......you picky damn thing you. # 4 ain't so bad dammit!

*makes me feel like a loser*

Gumaddict

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Intelligent
      Sense of humour
      Responsible Doesn't smoke, do drugs or drink like a fish (except at weddings) Reasonably decent looking Good job Well endowed

Gumbly, you added Well endowed. Mary did NOT say that. Sneaky bastard.

Share this

Google+
        Pinterest
        Reddit