Women What do you Look for in Men

by LouBelle 82 Replies latest jw friends

• Panda
    Panda

Socks and shoes ... I've been attracted to the sockless but I always come back to the guys who wear socks and shoes (not those nylon socks either). I don't claim to have any statistics BUT other women I've asked to think about this say "why, yes Panda... the best husbands wear socks and shoes."

• Frog
    Frog

"why, yes Panda... the best husbands wear socks and shoes."

LOL! that cracks me up:) I'm not so sure about that, but perhaps it depends on the kinds shoe? No laces typces for sure, bring on the shoe-horn! Frog x

• Robdar
    Robdar

I'm looking for a man who loves/loved his mother. If a man hates his mother, he will hate his woman. I found this out the hard way.

• Legolas
    Legolas
    The kind of man that will lead you by the small in your back when you are walking.
    Ooh that would drive me nuts -- being steered from behind! I wouldn't dump a man over it, but I'd soon train him to stop

You got to be kidding!!! I Love it when my Hubby does it. It's like he's taking care of me!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I looked for a man with a really, really, big.......heart.

I look for composure under fire, because I can be pretty hot-headed.

J

• gumby
    gumby
    I'm looking for a man who loves/loved his mother. If a man hates his mother, he will hate his woman. I found this out the hard way.

Yeah, but what if he ain't got no mom cuz she took off when he was a little kid? Seriously Robyn, that's an interesting observation! I wonder what the percentage is of mom hating that are wife hater/abusers? I guess if a mom was just awful and gave a son a reason to despise his mother, perhaps it wouldn't apply......but I'm just a Reverend.....what the hell do I know? Gumby.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    I guess if a mom was just awful and gave a son a reason to despise his mother, perhaps it wouldn't apply.

Oh, it would apply. Of course, most mothers that I have known that are hated by their sons are certainly deserving of that hatred. When a man does not have a good relationship with his mother, it shows in his relationships with other women. IMO, It's not necessarily the man's fault but it is up to him to get into therapy to deal with it. Edited to add: the same can be applied to daughters and fathers.

• gumby
    gumby

Well Robyn, now you got me all messed up. I thought I had it the first time. Whats the most convincing reason you have? I'm not doubting you, but interested in knowing how accurate this is.

My dad went through a time when he went off on my mom physically when I was real little over the dub stuff... and who knows what. He usually acted bitter towards my mom through their marriage with kinda of a wife hater additude......perhaps he didn't believe she loved him or something. Anyway, his mom was good to him and thought the world of him, yet he acted bitter toward her too. Do you suppose their are hater/abusing husbands with good moms?

I'll quit now,... besides,.... I'm way the hell off topic. Answer me in a PM if ya want.

• oldflame
    oldflame

So, are there any single women here looking for that special guy ? I'm a single guy who has a lot of the qualities most say they look for.

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Well Robyn, now you got me all messed up. I thought I had it the first time. Whats the most convincing reason you have? I'm not doubting you, but interested in knowing how accurate this is.

My dad went through a time when he went off on my mom physically when I was real little over the dub stuff... and who knows what. He usually acted bitter towards my mom through their marriage with kinda of a wife hater additude......perhaps he didn't believe she loved him or something. Anyway, his mom was good to him and thought the world of him, yet he acted bitter toward her too.

Gumby, the most convincing reason I have is going by my own experience and the experiences of my g/f's. The ones who have b/f, husbands, lovers, etc that have a good relationship with their mothers are trusted by their mates. They are also not smacked around. It doesn't mean that their mates are happy all the time or don't get snippy with their women. But they most certainly don't yell, scream and break stuff like arms.

Perhaps your dad, like other men I know of that generation, was under a lot of stress. Also, perhaps he didn't love your mother but felt he had to stay with her. Your grandmother was good to your dad? Thought the world of him? But what was their relationship like? Did she ever get to know him? Had she developed a trusting relationship with him? Did they converse much?

Do you suppose their are hater/abusing husbands with good moms?

I am sure that there are hater abusing husbands with good moms. But I believe that they are the minority. As I said, the same applies to fathers/daughters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit