Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Defd? Defd? Where are you?

(crickets chirping)

Typical ... JWs get all defensive when the facts are presented ... then quietly skulk away.

defd did a hit and run...

I am a man by the way. I have to go now but i will be back on 2 marrow ok? thanks for the chat

• kid-A
    kid-A

They play with fire.....they always end up getting burned.....

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I was damned eternally by the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall Of Jehovah's Witnesses flunky mealy mouth elders for a "CAPITAL offense"

Get this! 'Capital offense' eh,they wouldn't tell what the Capital offense was (to obstruct potential libel lawsuit).They reviled me with this bogus charge to all my family and friends.

Like i said,'flunky mealy mouth elders'.Do a google search of the above K-hall keywords and see who is the village of the damned.

I love free speech and the internet.Cheers,Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• Grace
    Grace

The replies to this post have been intensely interesting. I believe so many select the Watchtower Exclusive Club as a way to self-elevate. Most people have strong enough self esteems to not have to join a cult; however, many do not. And, with now second and third generation JWs who are just born into it, they follow as rank and file because of risk of losing their entire families. So, at the beginning we had some crazy cultists (likely as a backlash after Darwin came out with Origin of Species) and now we have cultists because they would lose too much if they escaped.

By the way, my answer to the Elder who condemned me to death was this:

I would rather die and lie in eternal rest than pick up carcasses and do hard labor building homes and farms for 1,000 years. After all, isn't this what awaits those who survive Armageddon? And Jehovah does this to those he loves? Throw in the nebulous element that you may or may not marry in the "New System" and you may or may not have children (because the GB haven't figured this one out yet), and the Elder's right, I hope.

I'd rather be dead.

Grace

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

darn it. you're lucky, IMHO. i wan't to be condemned to death too. that would make a great notch on my proverbial spiritual abuse belt. i even know what i would say:

i would answer that Pascal's Wager is fallacious, and laugh at the dumb look on their faces.

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Then explain it to them. But then again, it goes over their head no matter what.

Anyways, like I always say, Pascal's wager is like playing a 4 sided die in a game of blackjack.

• Mary
    Mary

he told me I was condemned to death with absolutely no hope of resurrection.

Oh ya, he just had to have the last word eh? When the guilt tactics don't work, there's nothing better than telling someone they're going to hell in a handbag........I guarantee you that he said this because they hate like hell to lose control over someone's life. They find it frustrating that you don't worship them as demi-gods anymore, so they lash out the only way they know how.

Not sure if you read my uh, uplifting notes from the ASSembly a couple of weeks ago, but the one bro on the platform droned on and on and ON about how our very lives depend on "obeying" the Slave Class. So basically, the message is the same as the one you got.

Thankfully, we know that, contrary to their warped belief, the Governing Body have no say whatsoever as to what someone's destiny is------God does. Then again, most people in this religion seem to have a problem telling the two apart.

• Netty
    Netty

My mother told me that, not only was I going to die at Armegeddon because I am not serving Jehovah, but that my children would too. Nice hu?

• Dustin
    Dustin

Don't feel too bad. They told me the same thing. Everyone dies sometime. They are only humans, and don't know anymore about what happens when we die than you or me. So don't let it stress you out too badly.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I am in my right mind and wouldn't dare do something as lame as defend the Faceful and Disgusting Slave. I don't beleive they are God's channel on earth. I don't beleive that everyone who isn't a JW will die at smArmageddon. (Dont beleive anyone will because it aint gonna be.) But, I do believe that there are people who are sincerely interested in the benefit of those who are "in danger" of such. A few have avoided the "I'm gonna live and you're not" attitude. I've had dear friends who have pleaded with me to see the "good things" I am leaving and the danger ahead in my position. They said this because they truly care for me, not to intimidate me or coerse me.

Hoepfully they end up here with thier eyes opened, until then they foolishly work within the system seeing no way out. Are all of you here saying that you didn't sincerely beleive that bullcrap at one time? Thats what made us all such slaves, they had us in the grip of such flawed reasoning that we too accepted that poop. We should be ready with arms open to those who are on thier way out. That's what I've found comforting here. People who accept the FDS as the prophet and stand with thier hands on thier hips will never listen to reason.

Never give up, never surrender.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit