Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

That's really evil. They know they can't say something like that. And actually, what's so sad about it is, they don't really care about you and they never did. The one thing that drives this guy to say something like this is he's thinking about all the paperwork he's going to have to do and he knows he's going to have some explaining to do with the CO. I figure the CO probably holds elders responsible to some degree. It's easier for him to try to manipulate you back in than it will be for him to face the music when you finally leave.

Ultimately, it's just words. They can't actually kill you, it's just empty threats. There's a good chance he doesn't believe any of it anyway.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

It's funny that they think they have the power to condemn someone to eternal death.

I have been out for many years, but about 5 years ago my best friend from my teenage years called me and wanted to go to lunch. She was moving to another state, and she said during lunch (after I said I was not interested in becoming an active JW ever because I was happier and felt guilt-free) that well this is the last time she would see me because she was moving and Armageddon was coming. My response to myself was whatever, I don't really care if she thinks that because I don't believe in that crap anymore.

• Evesapple
    Evesapple

I was told after the final decision was made, before I walked out that door, that 'the world would eat me alive, and I would never again experience the kind of mercy shown in that room outside in the world'....yeah right, well I'm celebrating a decade of independence this month far from the "mercy' of those elders.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I was told that both times I was DF'd by a short, bald, pompous elder, and then by my parents. They even tried that crap after I had my daughter. "How does it feel to know she's going to die because of you?!" All I could do was laugh in their faces. I agree with crumpet, I'd rather LIVE a life seperate from them vs. being miserable with them!!

After my last df'ing, another "bad association" and I taped the record "Short People" to his front door!!!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

I had been inactive for about a year when my wife and I got invited to a JW wedding. My wife actually got to stand in the wedding because she had not gone inactive yet. While I was there, speaking to my JW friends, my mother was so hopeful that this interaction would bring me back to the Hall.

Well, this elder came up to me and told me that if I did not get active again that I would be destroyed at Armaggeddon very soon. And, he did it in front of others standing around there. I was so pissed and embarrassed that I walked out and I would have left the wedding entirely if it had not been for the fact that my wife was standing in it.

I told my JW mother how loving this elder was. She went and said something to him I think and the guy did not even have the guts to apologize to me face to face. He just told my mother to tell me that he is sorry if he came on too strong.

Jeff Schwehm

www.catholicxjw.com

• kid-A
    kid-A

Just proves they promote a philosophy so divorced from anything even remotely christian, they are willing to act as jehovahs appointed executioners.

Makes me sick to hear that. Be strong and fight the power! They are insignificant half-wits who will someday have their come uppance.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

I was told that I am murdering my children.

• freedom96
    freedom96

It is interesting how the bible says no one is to judge except God, however witnesses left and right judge others all the time. Who the hell is this elder to say what he did?

Anyone say that to me, they will get a verbal thumping.

• blondie
    blondie

When people are being told to strive for perfection, the pressure of not measuring up makes them seek targets to relieve that pressure. JWs are always being told in the publications and from the platform that they do not measure up. So they point the finger at other people to take the pressure off themselves. Conversely, the WTS is judging non-JWs in general in every publication. Is it surprising that the rank and file apply it to individuals?

Blondie

• Carol
    Carol

Seems to me the elders now think they have the right to judge as Jehovah would judge...have they lost the part about being witnesses???? Oh, sorry I forgot....things change as they get "new understanding". Don't let it bother you..we're all gonna die eventually. You might as well have a long peaceful life until it's your time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit