Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

When I became inactive and stopped going to meetings back in 1991, I also refused to talk to the elders.

But one time, I was walking and an elder was driving and saw me, and slowed down to talk to me, and he said, "if you don't come back you're going to die".

It felt like a person holding a gun to your head, and saying, "give me your money or else you die"....

• kid-A
    kid-A

Yet another priceless example of the power of brainwashing. I must admit, this is the first example I have seen of a dub defending the borg

by denying their own belief system. A case study in borg mind control. My only advice def, is for you to carefully follow the links on this website and you will

find thousands of the quotes you are seeking.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    According to "THE SLAVE"

those leaving the WTS are condemned to death

Show me where the Watchtower has said that id like to see it. Show me the proof!

If we refuse organization instructions, if we forsake the gathering of ourselves together to avoid organization and its obligations, where could we go after Armageddon? Will there be separatists after Armageddon who will each make himself his own society and live as a hermit in a spacious earth, avoiding human contact and preferring animal society? For anyone to forsake the organized congregation of those who are destined to survive Armageddon means for that one never to get past Armageddon into the New World and its theocratic system. -- The Watchtower, August 15, 1953, pp. 500-1

Jehovah God has a place for each one of us in his organization, just as he has a place for the two hundred million times two hundred billion stars of space. Under Jehovah and Christ Jesus, for those of the remnant and those of the "other sheep," for appointed servants and for congregation publishers, for those old and those young in years, for part-time and for full-time ministers--yes, indeed, in this highly organized New World society there is a properly assigned place for each and all. It is therefore most important for every living individual to find his appropriate place quickly in this association. It is not less important either, as the following article shows, that, having found one's place in the constellation of the New World society, one should faithfully remain in it if one hopes to survive Armageddon and live forever in eternal peace and happiness. -- The Watchtower, July 15, 1958, p. 439

Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil. -- The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p. 19: "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium"

For survival into the Millennium under the Greater Noah, Jesus Christ, they have to remain organized with the anointed remnant, "the chosen ones" on account of whom the days of the "great tribulation" will be cut short. -- The Watchtower, September 1, 1989, p. 19: "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium"

The message is clear: If we want to survive Armageddon, we must remain spiritually alert and keep the symbolic garments that identify us as faithful Witnesses of Jehovah God. -- The Watchtower, December 1, 1999, p. 18

Each study session should be viewed as a stepping-stone toward the happy day when the new one will symbolize his dedication to Jehovah by water baptism. One of the questions that he will be asked during the baptism ceremony is: "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?" Hence, it is important that he realize he cannot serve God without actively associating with the true Christian congregation. -- Our Kingdom Ministry (April 1997, p. 3)

My thanks to Alan Feuerbacher for putting this information together for simple minds like me to find. I do hope that anyone reading this thread will have an answer now to that little voice in their head. For a more detailed analysis of this question, please see: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/saved.htm

• kid-A
    kid-A

Here you go, def, a direct quote from "Theocracy" written by your lord and saviour, Judge Rutherford.

Next time, do some research into the history of your own religion before denying the facts and deluding yourself. Here, the Judge warns us that all those not entering the "Theocracy" (aka the Watchtower bible and Tract Society") "are certain to perish at Armageddon".

"The present-day great distress of the world is due solely to the wicked influence and power of the Devil, who knows that his time now is short and must end at the battle of Armageddon, which is near. (Revelation 12: 12) The only possible means for human creatures to now escape destruction is to flee to THE THEOCRACY. All who do not flee to THE THEOCRACY are certain to perish at Armageddon. Those who do now flee to THE THEOCRACY may escape the destruction and find everlasting life in endless peace."

nuf said....

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thanks Big Tex, you rock!

• Brazilian
    Brazilian

Wow! Thanks, Big Tex. Good research material there. But I still think we shouldn't worry about all this, because:

John 3.16; 6.47
    1 John 5.12

SOLA SCRIPTURAE!
    SOLA FIDE!
    SOLA GRATIA!
    SOLUS CRISTUS!

• Quotes
    Quotes

crazyblondb said:
    ===========
    They even tried that crap after I had my daughter. "How does it feel to know she's going to die because of you?!"
    ===========

My response: "How does it feel believing in a god that has such a perverted sense of justice he will kill a child just because he has a problem with the child's parent?"

Oh, and it would appear that these "Mr. Dressup Ordained Ministers" need a class in "Bible - 101": Judge not, less ye be judged.

BTW, look to the Nov 15, 1952 Watchtower pp.703-704 Questions from Readers to see how the JWs are nostalgic for the good old days (i.e. times of the Isrealites), when they could KILL former members. In response to a question about how to TREAT former members in one's own family, the response went on and on about how (unfortunately!) you can NOT kill them, because today we are 'limited by the laws of the land'. See http://quotes.watchtower.ca/DF_DA.htm for the complete text.

~Quotes, of the "socially dead is almost as bad" class

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

Oh how they do love to play God.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Defd? Defd? Where are you?

(crickets chirping)

Typical ... JWs get all defensive when the facts are presented ... then quietly skulk away.

I know because I used to do the same thing.

-ithinkisee

• blondie
    blondie

I had an elder say that Jesus condemned the Pharisees to Gehenna. So he could condemn people to that place too.

I pointed out that he wasn't the son of God and that Jesus condemned them as a group, not as individuals. Otherwise how do you explain Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea, and even Paul?

Rbi8 Matthew 18:23-19:2 ***

"That is why the kingdom of the heavens has become like a man, a king, that wanted to settle accounts with his slaves. 24 When he started to settle them, there was brought in a man who owed him ten thousand talents [=60,000,000 de·nar´i·i]. 25 But because he did not have the means to pay [it] back, his master ordered him and his wife and his children and all the things he had to be sold and payment to be made. 26 Therefore the slave fell down and began to do obeisance to him, saying, ‘Be patient with me and I will pay back everything to you.’ 27 Moved to pity at this, the master of that slave let him off and canceled his debt. 28 But that slave went out and found one of his fellow slaves that was owing him a hundred de·nar´i·i; and, grabbing him, he began to choke him, saying, ‘Pay back whatever you owe.’ 29 Therefore his fellow slave fell down and began to entreat him, saying, ‘Be patient with me and I will pay you back.’ 30 However, he was not willing, but went off and had him thrown into prison until he should pay back what was owing. 31 When, therefore, his fellow slaves saw the things that had happened, they became very much grieved, and they went and made clear to their master all the things that had happened. 32 Then his master summoned him and said to him, ‘Wicked slave, I canceled all that debt for you, when you entreated me. 33 Ought you not, in turn, to have had mercy on your fellow slave, as I also had mercy on you?’ 34 With that his master, provoked to wrath, delivered him to the jailers, until he should pay back all that was owing. 35 In like manner my heavenly Father will also deal with YOU if YOU do not forgive each one his brother from YOUR hearts."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit