Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• defd
    defd

According to "THE SLAVE"

those leaving the WTS are condemned to death

Show me where the Watchtower has said that id like to see it. Show me the proof!

• defd
    defd

One current JW sans critical thinking abilities spouting judgement and prejudice

Thousands of ex-witnesses seeing through his/her BS

More thousands of observers watching him/her have his/her ass handed to him/her in response...

I have one question Defd;

Do you believe that the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses is the Faithful and Discreet Slave which Jesus Christ appointed over all his belongings?

A simple yes or no will do...

J

Hey im just talking here whats your problem? My answer is YES!

• mrsjones5
  • Brazilian
    Brazilian

Well, at least we can reply:

John 3.16; 6.47
    1 John 5.12

!!!

• Confession
    Confession
    When people are being told to strive for perfection, the pressure of not measuring up makes them seek targets to relieve that pressure.

Absolutely, Blondie! Reminds me of an author friend of mine who writes childrens books. The books enter the world of the scary--but are perfectly tame, very mild--almost humorously so. When he was asked to speak at a school one of the local high-power Christians got the idea that he wrote gory thriller stories, and mounted an effort to get him banned from speaking there--without ever having read the books! Even though numerous people--who had read the books tried to explain the misunderstanding, it didn't seem to matter. So-called Christians throughout the country continued to write him, praying that one day he would learn to "walk with God."

People like this are not really sure that they themselves are okay with God. So when they point the finger of accusation it brings a certain amount of relief. Because in the moment they do so it should then be clear to all onlookers that they are the ones ferretting out the evil among us--and therefore must be on God's right side.

In fairness though I have to disagree with an earlier post; the one that claimed elders couldn't care less about individuals and are only bothered by having to fill out paperwork and deal with the C.O. I mean come on. Speaking as a former elder and one who had lots of friends who were, I can assure you that the organization has plenty of elders who are genuinely concerned with individuals. In Judicial Committees they pray vigorously for the person in question. They sometimes spend many hours researching the subject, and (at least in nearly every situation I personally witnessed) tried to find every reasonable way to conclude that the person shouldn't be disfellowshiped.

Although I know there are lots of exceptions to this, it's statements like the one I'm referring to that can alienate new ones from this board. The primary problem here is not with people who don't care about you. It's with people whose minds have been hijacked. Yes the things they say can be both ridiculous and cruel--but it's because of a combination of "believing it's true" and "not knowing how to deal rationally and maturely with the situation."

If you were dealt with by such people, I'm truly sorry--and there is no excuse for it. But to claim that no elders care about individuals within the organization is (I believe) way over the line.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

So, since you believe that the GB is the FDS, do you believe that you should obediently follow their instructions as Jesus Christ wishes? Or do you feel above their rules and regulations, free to pick and choose what to obey, and what not to obey?

J

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

ok who just looked up the scriptures?

I did

• kid-A
    kid-A

def,

It is stunning that I need to even state this, but the ENTIRE theological basis of your religion (in case you were not aware) is based upon the premise that the

WTS and the slave are the visible representation of gods organization on earth and anybody NOT belonging to this organization will be destroyed at armageddon.

I dont need to provide you with quotes because this is the underlying message of EVERY SINGLE WTS PUBLICATION SINCE 1879. This was expounded from the platform

at every single convention since Cedar Point Ohio.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

"So, since you believe that the GB is the FDS, do you believe that you should obediently follow their instructions as Jesus Christ wishes? Or do you feel above their rules and regulations, free to pick and choose what to obey, and what not to obey?

J"

JeanieB--apparently this person is a rebellious individual and has not been listening to the faithful and wise servant that said to stay away from Apostate sites

• defd
    defd

Jeannie

What are you leading me too? Feel free to ask me anything. Im just talking thats all not here to judge you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit