Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• Grace
    Grace

I have been thinking about this because of another post where the question asks have any of us ever been blackmailed to stay in the Watchtower Organization.

No, I won't say I was blackmailed; however, after I wrote my note of disassociation, the congregation overseer wanted to visit me in my home with two other Elders. I repeatedly said no, that I would not allow them to chastise me in my own home. Therefore, all of my conversations were over the phone with the overseer.

A number of times, when the Elder realized it was the last phone conversation I would entertain, he told me I was condemned to death with absolutely no hope of resurrection. My thought since then is that just as the Nazis condemned people to death, so do the Witnesses. I have spoken of the two groups in the same breath ever since.

Has anyone else had this said to them?

Grace

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Well since I have not told anyone my decision to leave the JWs yet, the answer is no ... but I appreciate having the foreknowledge of your experience so I can be quick on my toes when they tell me that.

-ithinkisee

• potleg
    potleg

The arrogance of these so called shepherds is disgusting. I hope you don't pay them any heed. However I'm glad you posted your experience for others to see and get an idea of the ugly truth behind the pretty pictures... JW manipulation in action.

• OICU8it2
    OICU8it2

Shocking but true. Their attitude is similar to Islamic mullahs who promote terrorism and pronounce death sentences for the infidels. In your case, the carrying out of the proclamation is left for later but the result is the same. These elders would rather have you die than exist apart from their belief. Seeing their game helps but it's still unsettling.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Yes, disfellowshipping is a cleansing of the pure race......That sounds familiar

• Ellie
    Ellie

They are so arrogant, it makes me so mad.

I hope you didn't take any notice, I hope you had a good reply, because I tell you, if someone said that to me I would not be responsible for my actions, the nerve!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

When I told an elder in an email that I was going to disassociate he told me that I would have to "live with the consequence". I didn't take it personally. They are cultists.

GBL

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A number of times, when the Elder realized it was the last phone conversation I would entertain, he told me I was condemned to death with absolutely no hope of resurrection.
    When I told an elder in an email that I was going to disassociate he told me that I would have to "live with the consequence". I didn't take it personally. They are cultists.

This is why I will not communicate with any JW unless it is in writing or being recorded.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

When I was DF'd 10 years ago, the one elder said to me then that the time was short and not to play around too long in this old system. That was 10 years ago and since then I have been having the best time of my life.....

Will

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Yes I was told this at my judicials and by my dad with tears in his eyes, but all I could think of is what was worse condemned to death in this system or eternal life in paradise and I knew that death was infinitely preferable to the JW paradise and I still stand by that.

No more pain, death or crying -all good but how will I appreciate pleasure without plain, will i value life at all without the certainty of death, and I do enjoy a good ole cry!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit