Elder Condemned Me to Death

by Grace 88 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

You could write a letter to WT headquarters and tell them this. It's against the rules, isn't it? Only J can judge whether or not someone is going to be killed, right? I tell judgemental dubs that all the time. They say I'm a walking dead apostate and I ask them which magazine or scripture it is that give them the permission to know my eternal fate. That usually shuts them up.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip
    he told me I was condemned to death with absolutely no hope of resurrection. -grace

how appropriate that you chose "grace" as your name.

i'm not religious and it's been a while since i quoted any form of scripture. but, when an elder told me (after i became inactive) that i didn't have to pray anymore...jehovah had written me off already. i read him a scripture from the reasoning book. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8-9 somehow, the witnesses have scribbled out the word "grace" and replaced it with other stuff that's easier to explain away.

it's funny too that the elder didn't even let you have a ressurrection! lol so where does jesus fit in??? didn't he "conquer" death and sin for mankind or not? (Rom. 6:9,10) Romans 6:23 says - "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

oh well, silly questions! i think his self righteous condemnation of you was just a last ditch effort to try to do his job. he's supposed to keep you IN and you got free anyway. pay him no mind. someday, if the universe lines up just right he'll step on a cactus or something.

• pepheuga
    pepheuga

: Has anyone else had this said to them?

yes, i insisted to an elder that he should spell out unadorned what would happen to me if i refused to become a jehovah's witness. eventually, after much effort on my part to cut throught the bullshit, and after much sweating on his part, he told me that jehovah would have to kill me.

they don't usually like to be forced on that one, and i'm surprised to hear that an elder volunteered this little gem to you. perhaps he felt safe saying it on the phone, rather than saying it direct to your face.

pepheuga's jehovah's witnesses

• jgnat
    jgnat

How about this for the retort:

"I can her the sand shaking out of your sandals."

• mariusuk
    mariusuk

I recall Jesus saving a prostitute saying "Let he without sin cast the first stone"..... Don't know too many Elders without sin

• misguided
    misguided
    I was told that I am murdering my children

I was pretty much told this too...only it was worded that I would be "blood-guilty before Jehovah for my 6 innocent children"

Rose

• I quit!
    I quit!

Not to my face but I have hear that some of them have said it and I'm sure most of them feel that way. But I'm still her and a lot of them aren't. A lot of the witness I knew got old and died or got sick and died since I left. I was thinking about that the other day. They wasted their lives waiting for God to kill everyone that didn't agree with them. Nothing they believed ever happened or will happen. I really feel quite sad for them.

• Preston
    Preston
    After my last df'ing, another "bad association" and I taped the record "Short People" to his front door!!!

They got no reason to live

- Preston

• damselfly
    damselfly

Ahem! Preston i am a short person.

wait a minute..... That's why they kicked me out!!!!!

Damselfly

• delilah
    delilah

AMEN....Mariusuk. Well said.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit