Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Just wanted to chime in with my well wishes for all the UK folks, my heart goes out to you. Is there anyone that doesn't think that terrorists are just the scum of the earth?

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

This might not be the best time to mention this. But I hope JW's do not start a furious round of 'increased ministry' spouting off about the 'sign of the times' and armageddon... usually followed by 'a hope for the future'... tho im sure they will.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My thoughts are with you all in London..................I have made contact with my friend in London and he is OK.................hugs and warm feelings to you all .

Please take care and be safe!!!

Love

purps

• Mary
    Mary
    Big Dog asked: Is there anyone that doesn't think that terrorists are just the scum of the earth?

I don't. That'd be giving them too much credit. I think they're the fungus that grows on the scum..............I'd like to drop a few bombs and blows those f**kers right into the Stone Age............

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Simon and Angharad,

Thanks, everone is fine, except we have to walk everywhere and it's raining. But that is nothing compared to what others are suffering.

It was strange that we slept in today about an hour longer than we expected. We had plans to go the British Museum this morning and would have been at one of the bombed stations at exactly the wrong time if we had kept our schedule.

Big Dog,

I haven't thought about who are the "scum of the earth". If this is terrorism again from extreme Islam, despite our personal injuries and bad feelings regarding our JW experience I hope we can agree that the JWs, though extreme, are Not the most harmful in the world.

jst2laws

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Phew,

Just spent 2 hours tracking down my London Family and Freinds, and am happy to say they are all OK!!!!

My thoughts go out to all of you out there.

steve

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

People, since 911 the 'blow them back to the stone age' policy has been tried.

As Afghanistan was ALREADY in the stone age, more-or-less, and as attacks have been happening since it was blown into the 'sharp stick age', and as Iraq had shit all to do with 911 and still got invaded on a pretext, I think getting SMART rather than getting EVEN is probably a wise policy.

We have enough of a problem with violent criminals without imitating them.

And I'm a Londoner; I can see most of the bomb sites in my mind's eye they're so familiar to me.

On the other hand, we could invade Syria, Iran and North Korea... which would make us feel like we were doing something. We can pretend that they're involved, just like was done with Iraq.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

To all my UK friends, I am so sorry! I woke up this morning, saw the news, and was just so heartsick.

I hope you all are ok, and I will keep all of you and your countrymen in my prayers.

I am encouraged by the knowledge that no people on earth have more of the chops that it takes to get through something like this.

"...Some chicken... Some neck!!!"

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Words cannot express how I feel right now, as read over Crumpet's (and others) posts. That abrupt post telling that the building was being evacuated, and the subsequent posts from others (especially Steve & Joy) made me burst into tears. I had forgotten about the E-bbq, and those who have traveled to be there, and how all of this plays into the drama of this morning's terrible events.

The enormity of it all--history being made--- as we sit here watching our pals trying desperately to communicate with one another and their loved ones....

This has been quite overwhelming, experiencing something like this and seeing the postings of those who are living this firsthand............I truly don't know what to say as comfort.

hugs to all

Annie

• Simon
    Simon

I agree with Abaddon

What do people suggest? That we go to war because of this? We already did, we STARTED the war!!

We need to get smart instead of just following the obvious and easy knee-jerk reaction of "lets fight more".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit