Explosions London Buses & Trains

by Crumpet 171 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

I totally agree with Simon and Abbadon, fight smarter, not harder. I guess that just begs the question, how do you fight terrorism?

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    What do people suggest? That we go to war because of this? We already did, we STARTED the war!!

There is a time for every purpose under heaven. Now is a time to grieve.

• mapleaf18
    mapleaf18

"we STARTED the war!!"

Really? i thought driving planes into towers and killing 3000+ people started the war. . .

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    There is a time for every purpose under heaven. Now is a time to grieve

Well said, CYP, well said.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I echo this thought.

There is a time for every purpose under heaven. Now is a time to grieve.

We are just waking up here in western Canada. JWD alerted me and I took a peek at CNN. My prayers for the emergency workers that they can do their job well, comfort many, and save some lives.

• Simon
    Simon
    Really? i thought driving planes into towers and killing 3000+ people started the war. . .

And nother ever happened before this did it?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Let me start out by saying that I understand the total frusration and the white-hot (justified) anger that these terrorist actions summon up. I also know that some of us want to go "pound somebody" when these awful things happen.

But as maddening as it all is, WE can't do anything but talk, and this kind of talk isn't productive right now as we sit here and learn what has happened in London.

Maybe those who feel the need to vent in this way, could possibly direct their posts and topics to the POLITICAL area, where others so inclined could join in and vent away. It's not that I don't sympathize with your feelings---they are your feelings and you are justified in having them---but IMHO, these seem so inappropriate at this time.

Please know that I'm not offering this as a criticism, but as a suggestion to those who want to talk about the political ends of things pertaining to this tragedy in London.

my 2 cents

Annie

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Well said, CYP, well said.

Yeah, I just made that one up off the top of my head. Can you beleive that?! I swear I can be so creative sometimes!!!

I have been working out this new one, "do unto others...." but I just can't figure out how to finish it.

But all kidding aside, I just want the proper respects to be paid to the victims and their families. The dead aren't even cold, and some of the families haven't even been told yet. There is plenty of time for all the other stuff.

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

I'm with you sunspot

steve

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

My heart goes out to the UK'ers affected by this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit