The Star Spangled Banner

by rebel8 151 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Rach:
    It could be that I just continue to be surprised about how many people say they love their country but don't know the first basic things about it

Then again, it could just be that I have a flag fetish

• upside/down
    upside/down

I love my wife....can't tell you what she was wearing today or how here hair was styled...

She ALWAYS knows and notices these "details"...

Attention to trivial details... does not equate love....Pharisee.

u/d (of the whatever happened to the Sadducees and Scribes class)

• sleepy
    sleepy

"and Sleepy, why don't you do just that....go back to sleep and stop trying to make every statement so controversial." Snoooze snoooze gaaaawd bless wales snoooze snooooze land of the free snoooze snooze.

• Princess
    Princess

Upside/down, that was good. My husband is the same.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I don't know if the "details" comment was directed at me, or not, so just in case I'll cover my bases:

Do you know your partners hair colour? Their eye colour? Their...

• upside/down
    upside/down

Do you know your partners hair colour?

She's a stylist...it can change daily...and often does. And she gets "pissed" when I don't notice...like it's an effort on my part. She will just say out of the blue..."So what do you think?" and I get that deer in the headlight look... I truly don't know and am askeeered! lol!

And no LT it wasn't directed at you... I knew the answer to your question. Actually I ask many "Americans" the same thing...just to get them to think.

I actually am more amazed at the rampant and blind stupidity associated with the psychotic mob mentality exhibited toward NFL games. The loyalty and zealousness is truly amazing and many times far exceeds anything the Dubs have ever done.

IMO

u/d (of the never understood blind loyalty class)

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    She's a stylist...

You had my sympathy at that point

But, hey, what have you got against football?!!!!

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

(Taps her way into the "discussion room" with a white cane, wearing nothing but dark glasses and a flag *which one she has no idea* and says, "Sometimes love, justice, patriotism, and group loyalty are blind in the worst possible ways.")

(Forgets to tap her way back out of the room and promptly runs into the door, knocking herself unconscious)

~

• upside/down
    upside/down
    But, hey, what have you got against football?!!!!

I used to love it (the American kind)...

then I joined this cult and they basically beat it out of me....some nonsense about violating "christian neutrality" or some gibberish.

So for twenty years I pretty much did without... too busy "pioneerin" and all.

Now I live in Colorado where it is a State mandate to be a Bronco's fan...which I'm not.

I feel like the only alcoholic in a Mormon town in the center of Utah...catch my drift.

The cult I was in was nowhere near as fanatical as the Bronco Cult is...

Plus my kids all play "your" kind of football...Soccer... I kinda like it.

I'm actually contemplating joining a local indoor league for men 35 and older...

u/d (of the prefers racquetball class)

• upside/down
    upside/down
    (Forgets to tap her way back out of the room and promptly runs into the door, knocking herself unconscious)

And promptly gets b*tch slapped by the ones that were in the room and labeled and "Apostate whore".

u/d (of the once was blind but now can kinda see class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit