The Star Spangled Banner

by rebel8 151 Replies latest jw friends

• Dustin
    Dustin

Sorry if I offended anyone on my little tirade, but I was mad when I read that. I don't take people's crap too well anymore. Danny, if you meant no offense then I'm sorry. However, it just seemed like you were trashing my comment when it was simply meant to say that over the past couple years I have found true pride in believing in this country. I now feel more like a part of this country then I did before. I love the sound of the "star Spangled Banner" as it is played before sporting events, or an olymplic medal ceremony. I always felt a sense of pride, and now I'm not afraid to embrace it. And that's what this country is truly about.

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

"In general, European nations are more down to earth about the role their nation has, and has had historically, in world events. " In other words, "down to earth" = "castrated? Pussy whipped? WTF? Now, given the speed with which Hitler rolled across the continent and the expansionism of Stalin, I suppose I can understand European trepidation. But it doesn't mean that I think that the U.S. should cower in the shadows. If cowering and making apologies for terrorists and fascists and others of ill repute works for Belgium or Holland or Greater Manchester or whatever, then so be it. I would not want to live my life in such fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit