Human Sexuality 101: Everything a young girl needs to hear?

by Check_Your_Premises 125 Replies latest social relationships

• talesin
    talesin

Thanks, Chris.

tal

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Here we have a classic example of a guy trying to impress the laides by being chivalrous and argumentative with me in my less then ideal description of the female of the species.

Ok. Penalty flag accepted. Blanket statements are always inadequate. Let me correct myself.

ALL WOMEN I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED DO THIS

Now you can't get me on the second qoute. In that one I offered the necessary caveats of "it is often true".

Ok, so your sweety is the exception. I believe you. But you have to admit that you have at least observed this phenomenon (the better you treat 'em the worse they treat you) more than once in your life, and perhaps even enough to agree that it is a common occurrence?

Nah, then you won't seem as chivalrous.

CYP

Censer Watchtower esse delendam

slow-steady-deliberate-relentless

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    Ok. Penalty flag accepted. Blanket statements are always inadequate. Let me correct myself.

ALL WOMEN I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED DO THIS

Thank you for the correction. Some would think that it's a personal problem on your part that youre attracted to women who treat you badly.

That being said I have know of such women that you speak of. I dont understand why some women act that way. I know of at least 3 no 4 who had good hardworking men and treated them badly and eventually threw them away for another woman to catch. I have only pity for those women on the first part, but then again I dont know what happened behind closed doors.

Josie

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Dude, I believe that you hit the nail on the head I totally agree with you, most people even men just don't like to admit it. M'

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    All women do this.

uhmp, maybe the women you've run up against.

Oh boy. I have a feeling I have stepped in it. It is the same feeling I get when I don't answer the "Does this outfit look ok" question convincingly enough.

Let me clarify what "this" is that I have observed that all women do.

I have found that all women will at some point, in some way, attempt to see if the loyalty her man has for her will go so far that he will sacrifice his dignity. In a way she is hoping he will, because that will mean she is pretty. On the other hand, if he does sacrifice his dignity for her, that might be an alarming development for her. She might be with a candy-ass who won't be able to protect her. Often when this happens, she loses respect for the guy, and he loses her.

Again, as I stated above, these are not necessarily thoughts that occur on a conscious level. Rather they are lower, animal like instincts that all of us have within us. Just because we have these instincts within us does not mean we all act on them. That is why it isn't fair to make blanket statements. I think it is fair to say we all have these instincts. It is not fair to say that we all act on them.

It is our humanity that allows us to rise above those base instincts.

CYP

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

have found that all women will at some point, in some way, attempt to see if the loyalty her man has for her will go so far that he will sacrifice his dignity. In a way she is hoping he will, because that will mean she is pretty. On the other hand, if he does sacrifice his dignity for her, that might be an alarming development for her. She might be with a candy-ass who won't be able to protect her. Often when this happens, she loses respect for the guy, and he loses her.

Again, as I stated above, these are not necessarily thoughts that occur on a conscious level. Rather they are lower, animal like instincts that all of us have within us. Just because we have these instincts within us does not mean we all act on them. That is why it isn't fair to make blanket statements.

It is our humanity that allows us to rise above those base instincts.

True again my friend.

M

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    but then again I dont know what happened behind closed doors

That statement alone makes everything, based beyond my own personal experiences...

...theory....

CYP

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    I have found that all women will at some point, in some way, attempt to see if the loyalty her man has for her will go so far that he will sacrifice his dignity. In a way she is hoping he will, because that will mean she is pretty. On the other hand, if he does sacrifice his dignity for her, that might be an alarming development for her. She might be with a candy-ass who won't be able to protect her. Often when this happens, she loses respect for the guy, and he loses her.

Wow, is it "Blanket Statement Day"? Did I miss the memo? Sorry I have to disagree yet again. You are speaking from a personal point of view, not a worldwide view. Not all women act this way, maybe just the ones YOU have run up against.

Josie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Here we have a classic example of a guy trying to impress the laides by being chivalrous and argumentative with me in my less then ideal description of the female of the species.

That's pretty good. Now try saying something bad about my mother.

I was commenting on your thread. If you choose to hear that as argument, or an attempt to be "chivalrous" so be it. In which case that mindset is about you, not me.

But you have to admit that you have at least observed this phenomenon (the better you treat 'em the worse they treat you) more than once in your life, and perhaps even enough to agree that it is a common occurrence? ;

I admitted that I have dated (and had sex with) only one woman. So my experience is very limited, probably moreso than any other poster on this board. Therefore I refrained from making definite statements about something about which I most likely know very little. I did, however, state my belief (and to be fair, it must be categorized as only belief) otherwise.

Dysfunctional relationships are common, but I do not believe they are the norm. I have seen women, and men, stick with partners that treated them abusively. In all candor I think that speaks more to the individual issues those people have, than gender biology. But I cannot, and will not subscribe to the hypothesis of " the better you treat 'em the worse they treat you ".

As I said in my original post, I have first hand knowledge of a relationship that does not fit your statement. It is, in my mind, reasonable to believe there are other relationships like it. Frankly I'd rather be single than to be in a relationship as you describe. Too much trouble, too much work and too backwards for me.

Chris

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    Not all women act this way, maybe just the ones YOU have run up against.

That is why I said "I have found". I thought I already cleared this one up. The group that "I have found" is clearly a subset of the entire group.

And frankly, I have to question whether you are being objective on the matter.

Are you telling me, that never in your life, have you tried to see if a guy would belly crawl for you? You may not want to admit it. That is fine. Maybe you haven't. I have never observed you in action. That is why I said, "I have found".

But this is something I have seen so often, and in so many women over the years, that I can't help but imagine that it is an inate tendency. I am including women I have not dated in the sample set, so it isn't just me and my bad choice in women at work here. Maybe there is something in the water where I live? Maybe I am just a jaded, bitter a-hole? (keep in mind, this whole conversation is taking place with my tongue firmly implanted in my cheek so I doubt that is it either) These are all reasonable explanations.

But if I apply Occam's Razor, I think the simplest explanation is the one I gave.

One observation:

Boy, I sure didn't catch any grief when all that was up was my dismal description of the male gender. I make a couple asides about the tendencies I have observed among you lovely ladies, and now I have a whole castration squad after me!

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit