What does your name MEAN?

by RichieRich 170 Replies latest jw friends

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

My name on here is just an sn I have had for years on different things on the 'net. I am from Tennessee. I am/was (lol) a very sweet and kind person, so that's the angel. I was born in 1973.

I ran my real name through on the behind the name website. My first name, Jessica, means "Yahweh beholds." My middle name is Nicole which is a deritative of Nicholas, so it said, which means "victory for the people." So together it was "Yahweh beholds victory for the people." I thought that was kinda cool.

• tsunami_rid3r
    tsunami_rid3r

christopher=bearer of christ
    i like surfing

• somebody
    somebody

I got my name from "The Jerk". It's a movie with Steve Martin ( who plays Navin) in it and this is his reaction when he sees his name in the phone book. Here is a tiny bit of the script, in case any of you have never seen the movie ( I think the movie came out in the 70's, if I remember right)

Navin Gee Mr. Hartounian! Gee Mr. Hartounian!

(a phone book delivery truck drives up)

Navin Oh, my God! (Navin takes the book.) Thank you.

(he rips through the book, looking for something)

Navin The new phone book's here! The new phone book's here!

Harry Well I wish I could get so excited about nothing.

Navin Nothing? Are you kidding?! Page 73, Johnson, Navin, R.! I'm somebody now! Millions of people look at this book every day! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity, you're name in print, that makes people. I'm impressed! Things are going to start happenin g to me now.

:-)

peace,

gwen

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

Strangers talk to me like I'm a kid (hun, dear, sweetie, etc.) and I get carded too much.

I'm also trying to avoid hitting 30.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I thought Frances came from "France."

Classicist, the name means both. I just like the fact that it means "free".....since knowing the truth set ME free...heh

Frannie

• talley
    talley

Talley was what we named a 4 week old puppy that we found on a back road of Talladega County, AL, back in '91. We were down there from WI for the NASCAR race. Took her to the dog pound and then went back to see if she was still there, she was, so we brought her home with us. She turned out to be a purebred
    Pharoah Hound, but Hubby said she was "South Appalatian Variety of North American Gullyhound." She surcumed to lymphoma Sept.'99. I miss her still...
    Godspeed, Talley, RIP.

My avatar is for our current 'furkid', Auggie, who is a black Lab, female, currently 9 yrs. old... Long Live Auggie.

• inquirer
    inquirer

My name -- self explanatory. I just want to find out the truth.

• target
    target

I had been in a couple of accidents and in each case it was not my fault at all. The other drivers came at me like I had a target on my car, or in one case, on my school bus. I felt like I was a big target for quite awhile. I haven't had an accident now for over 5 years so maybe it is safe to change my name

Target

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

My name is Daniel Glick. (Daniel = God is Judge in Hebrew; Glick = Glück = Bell or Luck in German.)

On the witness boards, I used to go by the username dang (for Dan G). When I created my JWD username, I wanted something that would be an oblique reference to my JW username. Since 'dang' is a euphemism (word used in place of an expletive or unfavorable description) for 'damn', that's what I settled on.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In my case, my user name is connected to my real name, that's all for now Richie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit