What does your name MEAN?

by RichieRich 170 Replies latest jw friends

• Sherri
    Sherri

You must be joking. This is mummy's big day out. I still haven't decided whether to stay or not. I've not booked anywhere yet -- it's about a 2 hours + drive for me and last time I went I just drove up for a few hours and then went home. The bummer is drinking diet Coke while everyone else slowly gets bombed. I may have to rethink things.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Sherri - mummy's big day out must involve sleeping over and enjoying more than a coke! Get somewhere to stay seriously - the b&bs are only cheap if you can find one. It will be great to meet you sans grubby children!

crumpet - of the not known for her maternal instinct class

• Sherri
    Sherri

You've talked me into it. Will sort something out asap.

(Sorry Richie for getting off-topic.)

• damselfly
    damselfly

This is a great thread.

My name is Damselfly, which is a cousin of the dragonfly. They are very special to me for a number of reasons. The immature nymphs spend their lives under water, sometimes in a state of suspended animation ( sound familiar? ) until finally they reach the surface, shed their old selves and unveil their wings. They stand for transformation.

And now for the flaky new age reason. At one point in my life I was struggling with what direction I should go. Attempt to reconcile with my family and rejoin the JW's? Stay in my marriage? Or be true to myself and where I needed to be to stay sane? While I was napping on the couch I kept on waking up with a start hearing my name being called out loud. I knew no one was home, so I would drift back to sleep only to be woken up again. This happened 3-4 times. The last time I was cranky so I yelled WHAT DO YOU WANT???!!!! Then ( and I swear this happened ) I heard a knock at my front door, when I answered it, on my doorstep was a dragonfly fanning it's wings. So I took a deep breath in,said 'thank you' and it flew away. So here I am; not a JW, not married and very true to myself.

Damselfly, who shall now be know as "the weird one"

oh and my given name means "Princess"

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

(accidentally posted it!) Welcome from the nerd herd!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

What a beautiful name Damselfly may you forever be in metamorphes!!!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

My first name is Kwin, and my last name is Testal. My parents were on crack.

Kwin

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Kwin,

I feel sorry for you, it must have been hard for you. I think people like you have a special way about you, that exudes kindness from others, thank you for your presents indeed,,

• Happy Guy :)
    Happy Guy :)

Wow so many of you picked forum names that actually have some kind of personal connection.

The thought never even crossed my mind.....I just randomly clicked keys.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My name is based on a Japanese anime called Jungle Taitei, which (although it came out after the Disney's Lion King) is based on the original Osamu Tezuka manga that Disney used without credit; the movie was produced by Tezuka's company as well. Leo is the white lion king of the jungle, and Laia is his wife. They have two sons, Lukio and Luna.

Thus my nick is pronounced LAY-OH LIE-ah, if anyone was curious. (e.g. not LEE-OH LEE-ah)

Also, leolaia is a word in an obscure Papuan language, meaning "why?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit