What does your name MEAN?

by RichieRich 170 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

We all are identified by our names here on JWD. Some use their real names, and others pick a moniker that is their nickname or perhaps a few words from a song they like.

Why did you pick your name?

For Instance,

My name is Richard. However, my family calls me Richie. My mother always tells people she has a son named Richie, and they expect a cute little kid to turn the corner and shake their hands. They are often suprised to see me.

I used to hate being called Richie. I hated it even worse when the movie Richie Rich came out, and everyone started calling me that.

When I decided to register on JWD, I chose RichieRich because it is a demonstration of me reversing the effects of the JW mentality, and benefiting from it.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Classicist, b/c I'm studying classics, its the best I could think up.

My real name is Sean. And it means "Gift of God." So, I am God's gift to man.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    So, I am God's gift to man.

alt

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'm sad emo - emo means electromosher which is related to the kind of music I'm particularly into. My niece calls me the more regular term 'dirty emo' but I didn't want you all getting the wrong impression about me! (I already wrote this elsewhere so its for the benefit of those who haven't read that!). So I called myself 'sad' cos thats the state of mind I'm in at the moment.

se... of the 'still working hard to be a happy emo class'

• ezekiel3
    ezekiel3

"ezekiel3" refers to the bible chapter (see my profile).

It was a bit of a shock to realize that Richie Rich here had grown up to look like he does! Here a pic from he earlier pretentious days:

alt

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Thanks for the response. It's interesting to know these things...

I'm particulary looking forward to finding out what IP_SEC, buttlight, DiamondBlue1974, and many more mean...

EDIT: Don't worry Zeke, I'll get you back...

• Forscher
    Forscher

Forscher is German. My dictionary defines it as "investigator, explorer." Enough said. :-)

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Forscher as in "Bibelforscher"? At a good-bye party for a Japanese friend of mine, we performed a "kabuki" play in her honour where all of the characters' names were names of japanese food. The character i played was called "dorayaki" which is a type of small thick pancake folded over and filled with "anko" (sweet azuki-bean filling). It was then that i started to get interested in Japanese culture and started studying the language, and the name kinda stuck. I added an extra "i" to make it unique. ( My real name's Stephen or Steve)

• patio34
    patio34

Mine is a combination of my initials. Interesting comments by all.

Pat

• Netty
    Netty

Richie, I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

At a good-bye party for a Japanese friend of mine, we performed a "kabuki" play in her honour where all of the characters' names were names of japanese ;food. The character i played was called "dorayaki" which is a type of small thick pancake folded over and filled with "anko" ;(sweet azuki-bean filling). It was then that i started to get interested in Japanese culture and language, and the name kinda stuck. I added an extra "i" to make it unique. ( My real name's Stephen or Steve)
    Thanks, Dora, I had been wondering what your name meant. I have to admit though, I thought you were female, just cuz the nam starts off Dora...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit