What does your name MEAN?

by RichieRich 170 Replies latest jw friends

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

My JWD name was perfect at the time. I asked myself "Why was I here?" So I put Whyamihere for a name not knowing what would come of this site.

My first name is Brooke. Middle name is Autumn...they both mean why they say. I think it is very fitting for me. I always said it was a Fancy Hippie name Brooke Autumn as in nature theme....like Moon or Rainbow.

Brooke

• Sith
    Sith

NM...what a small world the internet is. I love that Dylan song. I named my youngest son after Bob Dylan. (his name is Dylan), much to my ex-wife's chagrin. If I had named him NeonMadman, he probably wouldn't have gotten very far in school. Sometimes the old noggin does work

Robbie

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Richard means "brave power", derived from the Germanic elements ric "power, rule" and hard "brave, hardy".

Eugene means "well born", composed of the elements e? "good, well" and ?e??? (genes) "born".

Cool name,

but put it together, and you get

Richard Eugene, which really is just a hick name.

• JH
    JH

Richie,

For some reason, your avatar reminds me of this boy dancing....

Was this you, some 17 years ago?

• Sith
    Sith

Ok...coming clean

My name is Robert Wayne Leslie, Jr.

Robert - "of bright and shining fame"
    Wayne - "wagonmaker"
    Leslie - "from the grey fort"
    Junior - "hell, I guess it means junior"

• kls
    kls
    Ok...coming clean

Really Sith ,a shower would have worked,,,,,,hee hee

Really, you have a nice name

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Right, middle name: Andrew, means both "manly" and "brave." From the Greek, Andreos (which literally means manly, but idiomatically meant brave).

• Sith
    Sith

KLS...a shower and a shave...how does that sound?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Low-Key Lysmith= Loki Lie Smith. Loki was on of Odin's sons in the Norse pantheon. I got the name from Neil Gaiman's "American Gods"-one of my favorite books. I have always enjoyed norse history an culture.

Breck (my real name) means "speckled trout" in Scottish Gaelic. My dad is an avid fly-fisherman I think that's where he got the idea for my name. (we come from a long line of Scots as well.)

• kls
    kls
    KLS...a shower and a shave...how does that sound?

Sounds kinda funny and i bet i am the one being shaved of my fur Sheesh , humans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit