A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• doogie
    doogie
    Many on this forum can't conform to the WT's high moral standards, so of course they'll use whatever they can to justify their own messed up behavior.

man, i missed the poll again! apparently there must be some kind of poll that would show what "many" or "most" on the board feel, do, or believe in their post-JW lives. dang it! someone wake me up when the next poll is taken...

unless of course, the above was just an arbitrary assumption? you know what they say you do when you assume...

• Sith
    Sith

Recent quote from Doubtfully Yours...

"Many on this forum can't conform to the WT's high moral standards"

Quote from Doubtfully Yours' profile...

"Slowly fading until the right time comes to exit this slave-driving, dream-selling, highly-controlling religious organization."

Conclusion: something stinks...and it's a little stronger than just a few smelly onions

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

The fact that I don't agree with their current 'controlling' methods, doesn't mean I cannot conform to their high moral standards.

I very well conform and agree with many of their high moral stances.

Lately I have great faith in the WBTS reforming itself further as the die-hards exit in death.

I'll get around to updating my profile soon.

DY

• Sith
    Sith

DY...good luck with that

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

Wow, DY. Thanks for painting us all with that brush.

The impression I get from your posts on this thread, and in general, is that you are one big personal pity party, only focused on the personal hell you are going through. *** I don't like the meetings, poor me. I wish they would just change and relax their "standards" already, so I wouldn't have to deal with these problems. *** Obviously there are still many things you like about the witnesses, and they seem to revolve around their judgemental ways.

Whether they change their tune and go easy on everybody or whether they tighten their grip over their current members doesn't change the fact that it's all predicated on bullshit. For me, that's enough to know I'm never going to want any of it. But that's just me. I guess I just don't understand why anyone would be ok with being lied to, as long as the lies don't get in your way or cause any inconvenience.

• smelly onions
    smelly onions

Sith, for one who said this was the last time you swore you would come to this thread you sure have done alot of flip flopping. I guess I aint the only one who changes his mind.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

smelly, your mommy needs you to help bring in the groceries. piss off.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

This topic SUCKS!

Brooke

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    very well conform and agree with many of their high moral stances.

which ones?

1.) Covering up Pedophilia

2.) Gay Bashing

3.) Women are 'second class citizens'

4.) If your little one can't sit still at the meeting, beat the living *hit out of them

5.) Lie in court to cover the societies butt

6.) Lying pretty much to anyone who is not a JW is okay

7.) Tell brothers in one country that they must die rather than buy a piece of paper, then help brothers in another country lie, cheat and bribe their way to falsified documents stating that they have done time in the military

8.) Twisting scriptures is okay as long as the GB approves. However, if other people don't agree with the interperetation their are from Satan

9.) It's okay, no it's not okay, well it's okay again to life saving procedures which the scriptures do not even mention.

10.) Lie about their past track record and silence anyone who tries to ask questions about it

Am I getting warm yet on the moral standards that you hold to, or did I miss something?

Jeannie

(Hates Bull *hit class)

• Sith
    Sith

"Sith, for one who said this was the last time you swore you would come to this thread you sure have done alot of flip flopping."

Smelly...or as I prefer to call you, Stenchy...when did I write that I wouldn't "come to this thread"? Where have I flipped or flopped? You are delusional, dude.

Don't you have a plane to catch?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit