A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

you still here smelly? welcome back lol knew you wouldnt be gone for long

Josie

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I am not Bitter...I am BETTER! Get it right.

Wow some people...... I am not mean and rude and sarcastically pissy...oh wait I am...lol

Brooke

• delilah
    delilah

Here's your hat, what's your hurry ????? Who asked you anyways??? you obviously haven't read enough about the lives of some here.....and it's also obvious that you wouldn't give a damn anyways...you sound like a self-centered, shite-disturbing son-of-a-gun, who has not experienced ANY hardships at all in life....this is a place where people can come, throw their burdens off, and vent...in order to continue on a road to happiness...some are bitter, yes, but then again they have good reason to be....but after sharing, it helps to relieve it....then again, you would not understand this, my friend....you seem to have no feelings for your fellow human beings....it's a shame you left the organization, you display the kind of caring qualities they desire in elder and MS material.....go find some other board to disrupt, cause we don't need your kind here....

Delilah

• doogie
    doogie

jesus...i'm not sure which posters you're referring to, but i definitely see at least ONE bitter one...

• upside/down
    upside/down

Second hand smelly onions are....nasty!

You'll change your tune... I sounded just like you...20 years ago.

Lifes a bitch....then you realize you joined a cult!

u/d (of the has learned a little patience class)

• Odrade
    Odrade

Must be summer. I smell TROLL! smells a little bit like smelly onions...

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

which onions are more smelly, white, red, or yellow?

Josie ~ loves a nice pile of onion rings

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Well, it is the internet. You can come and go as you please, I guess.

Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Dear Smelly:

I just love it when people like yourself make statements that people on this board take all the responsibility for what happened to them and, in effect, exonerating the dubs for anything. As it is, they have no accountability - so don't enable them even further.

You are being hypocritical to a large degree because many problems of the people here are because they were OBEDIENT to what they were told, sorry and stupid as that may be now. You are in deep denial if you think otherwise. So you are actually blaming the victim.

• Nellie
    Nellie

Smelly -

Welcome to the Board. Congratulations on having survived the organization without having anything to be bitter about. I am also inactive and managed to spend 35 years in the org w/o too many trials and tribs. None the less, I'm out and will not be returning.

Our personal experiences are just that, personal experiences. We cannot condemn those who carry more scars for being bitter - if there is cause for that bitterness. Nor should those who are bitter, condemn you (or me) for NOT being as bitter as they are. As I really meditate on the things in my life that I chose not to pursue (but would have if I had not been a witness), feelings of anger sometimes creep into my heart. But, overall, I've had a good life, I chose a fantastic man for a husband and we are happy. THAT is what keeps me from being bitter. But I believe that I am the exception to the rule - not the regular.

I feel for those who have left with cause - I've shared the pains of some of my friends - and I hope that one day they can all find peace of mind. But in the meantime, I will not belittle or undermine their pain, and neither should you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit