A newbie's impression on this board, pros and cons

by smelly onions 293 Replies latest jw experiences

• smelly onions
    smelly onions

CONS

I don't know who is scarier, the jw's or some people on this board. Man, r u guys bitter? It seems like u r missing something in ur own life. I am inactive and probably will never go back but I'm not bitter like u guys. Do you know who's responsible for your mess ups in life? Yourselves, so take responsibility for your own tormented lives or the precious time you are all crying about that u lost bc of the watchtower. Personal responsibility is key. Whatever happened is your fault and you use a cop out that the organization made you do something is baloney. We are all looking for excuses why we didn't do something. All religions are full of it just some more than others. You guys make it sound like the jw's r the only date setters. FYI, christianity is plagued by date settings bc its in the bible itself when the xtians were waiting for an end which never came. So hardly did the jw's invent this notion. Jesus Christ himself said the end would come in their lifetimes and NADA, ZIP, ZILCH happened. He was killed and end of story. DEAD!

PROS

I enjoy all the gossipy stuff here though. Its really entertaining. Never knew Rutherford was such a scoundrel hehehehe. Well its man made like all organized religion like this site shows which is sure refreshing to know but I wasn't shocked. They're only human and prone to errors.

CONCLUSION

My parents are jw's and they are real nice people. I am happy about the moral things I learned while a witness. I am also happy i don't celebrate x-mas. Sure save alot of money from one of the biggest scams in commercial america. Disfellowshipping is a great thing at least IMO. Its funny how all xtian religions bash each other. Hilarious. I'm right ur wrong bc so and so verse says it. The bible is so contradictory u can make a case out of anything and thus 20,000 denominations. So who cares whether people r witnesses or evangelicals or catholics. At the end of the day we're all going to the same place. THE PIT! So enjoy the ride. SAyonara

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Bye!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• kls
    kls
    Man, r u guys bitter?

Geeze and i wonder why

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Conclusion: Boy some people sure like to make blanket statements.

Can I get an Amen?

Josie

• talesin
    talesin
    Disfellowshipping is a great thing at least IMO.

Well, then! I suggest you march yourself out and get disfellowshipped RIGHT NOW!

Then your tune may change, ms/mr `inactive and not being shunned`.

talesin

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Do you know who's responsible for your mess ups in life? Yourselves

What does that have to do with the WTS? Everyone makes mistakes. The WTS didn't cause me to "mess up" my own life. I'm perfectly normal.....as far as I know.

• bisous
    bisous
    CONS

I don't know who is scarier, the jw's or some people on this board. Man, r u guys bitter? It seems like u r missing something in ur own life. I am inactive and probably will never go back but I'm not bitter like u guys. Do you know who's responsible for your mess ups in life? Yourselves, so take responsibility for your own tormented lives or the precious time you are all crying about that u lost bc of the watchtower. Personal responsibility is key. Whatever happened is your fault and you use a cop out that the organization made you do something is baloney. We are all looking for excuses why we didn't do something. All religions are full of it just some more than others. You guys make it sound like the jw's r the only date setters. FYI, christianity is plagued by date settings bc its in the bible itself when the xtians were waiting for an end which never came. So hardly did the jw's invent this notion. Jesus Christ himself said the end would come in their lifetimes and NADA, ZIP, ZILCH happened. He was killed and end of story. DEAD!

Oh I am so glad you stopped by to point out that I was responsible when I was molested repeatedly by my drunken, wife-abusing, child beating ministerial servant stepfather from age 7 on. Oh and before you say that wasn't the WT's fault, the elder's were totally aware of the alcoholism and family abuse and let him remain in good standing. Oh and now that my mother and I aren't speaking because I am no longer a JW ... well, I'm sure that isn't the WT's fault either .... those pesky rules and all.

Now that I know I can assume personal responsibility to remove any bitterness, I'll just ... I'll just ... hmmmmm .... you tell me SmellyOnions, what exactly is it I should do?

• smelly onions
    smelly onions

well u guys r real funny

• jula71
    jula71

Bye smelly !!!!

• Quentin
    Quentin

Yawn,,,ho hum,,,,sigh...another drive by...must be a boring summer for the kiddies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit