Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• pbrow
    pbrow

Um yes, Mr "you wash my clothes".... we have deliberately covered up men torturing and raping children just like the catholic church and we do really feel awful about it...... Is that what some of you expected???????

If you honestly think a gb member was going to admit to covering up molestation over a phone call w/ a shitbird laundry employee I got a bridge to sell you.  

It was humorous if only on a juvenile scale.  NOTHING else was going to come from this.  Wake the fuck up

pbrow

• pbrow
    pbrow

Wing commander.......... THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! 

Whats a matter with a little deep seated anger?

pbrow

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake

Um yes, Mr "you wash my clothes".... we have deliberately covered up men torturing and raping children just like the catholic church and we do really feel awful about it...... Is that what some of you expected???????

If you honestly think a gb member was going to admit to covering up molestation over a phone call w/ a shitbird laundry employee I got a bridge to sell you.  

It was humorous if only on a juvenile scale.  NOTHING else was going to come from this.  Wake the fuck up

pbrow

Who positioned the caller as a laundry attendant? Cedars. 

"Hello this is Fenton Steward with the Springfield Gazette and..."

"Hello this is Lloyd Evans and I have some questions about..."

"hello I'm a brother out of a congegation in Albany and I have some questions about some things that are really bothering my faith that I feel only you can answer.."

"Hi this is Brother Johnson, I'm at Patterson and I decided to get a hold of you because I'm really struggling to understand some things that have happened recently. Why did our representative lie under oath saying elders and ministerial servants don't group the friends together? He knew they make the car groups in field service meetings didn't he?"

We are talking about Anthony Morris, if you don't think he'd try to inflate his ego and possibly let something slip while trying to be a father figure ("as many of you know, I'm a father") then you have no idea who you're talking about. 

• cappytan
    cappytan
    We are talking about Anthony Morris, if you don't think he'd try to inflate his ego and lpossibly let something slip while being a "dad" then you have no idea who you're talking about. 

I concur with this line of reasoning. 

I mean, if you're going to lie and say you're in the laundry, why not lie and say you're so-and-so in the legal department? 

Cedars probably could have passed for Geoffrey Jackson! All those foreign accents sound alike to hicks like AMIII.

• Simon
    Simon

I haven't watched it but it sounds like a wasted opportunity. Compared to other videos I've seen where people are respectful but draw the target out on important questions - they are something you could point the wider media to.

If anything, it shows that someone from the laundry room can actually call the leader which could easily be spun as them being accessible,  not being elite, out of touch etc... 

• antes8080
    antes8080

Good Job Cedars, if you would of ask any tough question he would of  hang up sooner.

there is no laundry dept in brooklyn thats why he ask if your in wallkill.

• pbrow
    pbrow

Drake.... Id say that is a good outline....

Make the call

pbrow

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    Good Job Cedars, if you would of ask any tough question he would of  hang up sooner.
    there is no laundry dept in brooklyn thats why he ask if your in wallkill.

There's the point.  He did not hang up until he was sure the caller was fake.  Anyone of the suggested introductions here would have kept him on the back foot long enough to show Morris up more than just being up for a bit of banter.

For example:

I'm so and so from xx congregation, sorry to call you directly but I did want to get to bottom of a matter and thought this might be the best way.

I have being pointing people in my ministry to JW,org and one of my studies has said he thinks a number of FAQs are not quite as open as they could be.  He's mentioned things like us being Creationists yet the FAQ says we are not, that the extent of shunning, especially in the family, is underplayed and that he is confused about how many people may be destroyed at Armageddon.  What do you think?  Is it really honest, for example, not to be clear that we will not have any contact with anyone who is disfellowshipped if they are outside of the family home, even a child?

Well, brother, where did you say you were from?

xx Congregation

Well, what research have you done?  What did it tell you?

I understand our position on disfellowshipping.  I am just suggesting that this study has pointed out working that at best appears as spin, at worst could be considered being economic with the truth to the point of lying.  Frankly I have to agree with him and it worries me.  I have spoken with the elders but they said not to worry about then, after some further discussions suggested writing a letter.  To be honest I know that letter writing can be tedious for all concerned so I thought I'd try and speak to someone who really will be able to answer my question.  I didn't expect to get put through but here I am!

Well, I appreciate your tenacity here but really these things discussed by us in Bethel and we decide what is best for the organisation.  Now if you don't mind I need to get on but rest assured we do keep on top of these things

So you don't think it is wrong for us to claim not be Creationists when we clearly are?

Look, I've given you my time but now I must get on.  Please, write me a letter and I will ensure you get a response.  Thank you Brother xx. 

CLICK

• pbrow
    pbrow

Should of, could of ..... 

Make the call and see what happens.  If you do not then it was cedars call to make.

pbrow

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Really...  When did the brooklyn laundry shut down?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit