Prank call to Governing Body member Anthony Morris III gets through

by Watchtower-Free 143 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Yuk. One aspiring alpha male attempts to put one over on another aspiring alpha male. Neither are the real thing.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

All i can do is echo what others have already said, but i will add my own insignificant opinion: in this call, TM3 ends up looking better than cedars.  He laughs at the rediculious  premise cedars throws at him, asks him who he really is and what he wants and then hangs up when it goes nowhere.  

Where i will echo others is in pointing out that this jack wagon HAD A GOVERNING BODY MEMBER ON THE PHONE!!!!!  The best you can come up with is a stupid remark about tight pants???  Or what if we find tight pants on you??? (Tm3 response was a classic slap down: "then you must have shrunk them" remember, cedars claimed to work in the laundry)  Moron. He absolutely wasted a golden oportunity on sophomoric antics. 

Question him on disfellowshipping, child molestion, hell question him on the rediculious generation teaching ANYTHING of substance, but please have the intelligance and foresight to not waste this ON TIGHT PANTS!!!!

this ranks number two on the top ten list of "stupid things cedars does to set back the exjw movement". 

• cappytan
    cappytan

I'm with DJS & the others. I mean, I'm all for prank calls, any day. 

But, you've got AMIII on the phone and you make it a joke? Why not call him out on his BS? Say how offended you were and that you were following Matthew 18 to tell him you were offended by his bigoted, Pharisaical attitude, and ask what defense he has for that behavior. Let him hang himself even more with his own rope. 

If he hangs up on you, then he looks like a big @**hole. If he gets all self-righteous and indignant, he looks like a big @**hole. If he humbles himself, admits it was harsh, then you have a recording of him admitting such!

Win-win-win, in that case.

Pranking him, although probably fun and entertaining for exJWs, only accomplishes two things: to those that are still in that happen across it, it "confirms" that apostates are evil and mischievous; and to AMIII, it justifies his actions because Satan is persecuting him so he must be right.

• suavojr
    suavojr

Priceless!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    It would be better press for them to handle it with grace and humor, but they are so unaccustomed to being criticized or questioned this is their response, to hang up or get angry.
    They are very thin skinned.

I actually thought he was pretty good humoured about it. He hung up once he sussed it was an apostate.

I agree with the sentiment that after getting through to Morris, Cedars had a golden opportunity to put him on the spot with anyone of a number of probing questions that would have had journalistic merit.  Kudos for getting through but I don't think Morris comes out of it badly at all.  Hate to say it, but opportunity wasted.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro
    On the one hand, it seems like a missed opportunity but on the other hand, Morris wouldn't have a serious conversation about issues with ANY peon JW much less an "apostate". I'm not a big fan of prank calls just seem juvenile to me. Honestly, I wouldn't want to talk to that scumbag (Morris) anyway. 
  • DJS
    DJS

Prank calls are cute.

When your'e 14.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8
    So tell me all of you who believe Cedars missed a great opportunity to corner AM3...what questions would you have asked him and how long do you believe it would take before he hung up on you?
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    NVR2L8a minute agoSo tell me all of you who believe Cedars missed a great opportunity to corner AM3...what questions would you have asked him and how long do you believe it would take before he hung up on you?

I mentioned several in my comment above. Starting out with the Matthew 18 bit will probably keep him on the phone long enough to at least hear a little of what you're going to say.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I also noted three issues that could have been easily crafted in the formatt of a concerned brother calling, worried over issue x,y,z and solicited tm3 viewpoint.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit