Guns: Opinions?

by RichieRich 138 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

RR, JWs can be such hypocrites. I have to admit that handguns were frowned on because they really don't make good hunting weapons. But I live in a hunting mecca and many, many brothers/elders/MS have rifles, shotguns, 22s, etc. And they hunt. They know the difference between a gun that is intended only to shoot humans and those designed for animals.

I can't say that I like the idea of your mother keeping a loaded handgun in the glove compartment. Too easy to steal, too accessible to children/gun idiots. I hope she had training and kept up that training. It takes more to shoot someone than a loaded handgun and the ability to point it. There is the psychological aspect too. If you aren't sure you could shoot someone, a gun becomes a liability as they take it away from you and shoot you with it.

Blondie (who has owned guns and shot animals she cleaned, cooked and ate; no humans though)

• Pole
    Pole

EscapedLifer1,

That it was actually captured by a British operation, but it looks better on the screen with Matthew MC. doing it as an American.

Oh yeah - one hell of an operation. :-) Here is a more balanced view:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/930873.stm

http://web.usna.navy.mil/~wdj/sm230_cooper_enigma.html
    http://info-poland.buffalo.edu/web/history/WWII/enigma/link.shtml
    http://www.enigmahistory.org/enigma.html

Have a good read. And remember every nation has its own (his)story.

Peace,

Pole

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I have always had hunting rifles and shotguns; felt handguns were stupid. Till my wife was stalked and attacked. Now I have a Sig 9mm, a Sig .380, a pocket .22, would like a revolver of some type. I am a convert.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Awesome guys- dont know how we jumped into all this govt crap and the US v. Everyone battle... But its good to hear opinions.

Pist- if you're looking for a revolver- I would go the .500 Mag by S&W. Dad just got one and they are hell on the hands and wrist but the thrill is great! Its got a 12" barrel- so its not your ideal CC weapon...

Or I'd go with the NAA mini series- they make sweet revolvers in small calibers... check out the autos too... www.naaminis.com

I've shot both and can attest to the quality...

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Pole: So, you are admitting again that the argument I've criticized in my first post makes little sense ideed in the context of your country? You have just shown that the strength of the US democracy does not lie in the right of common citizens to own guns. That was my impression too. Rather it has to do with the fact that nobody is (or not enough people are) interested in setting up such a government in the US anyway.

I am not admitting any such thing. I am saying that the presence of an armed citizenry is a deterrent from an attempt to create such a government, as well as a serious liability to its successful implementation. I am saying that government, by its very nature, seeks control. Not our government. Not your government. EVERY government. The strength of the US Democracy certainly does not lie in the will of the people. Most US citizens don't even vote.

And there are quite a few influential people in my country who would love to make a totalitarian state out of this country. They already know they can't. Part of the reason is that they know they would have endless insurgency on their hands.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

And there are quite a few influential people in my country who would love to make a totalitarian state out of this country. They already know they can't. Part of the reason is that they know they would have endless insurgency on their hands.

And who might these people be? Can you give us some specific people you feel are out for this???

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    And who might these people be?

The California Teachers Association, maybe? lol

J

• heathen
    heathen

Excuse me but hand guns are not exclusively to shoot people . You can shoot animals or simply use them for target shooting .

Personally I think the people being elected are trying to make this a totalitarian state . Every time we turn around our rights and freedoms are in jeapardy. I really believe the illuminati are assuming control and it won't be long before the blind people of this country realize the same .

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Heathen just stop! Handguns are not for hunting animals...you know, I know it, everyone knows it....

When was the last time you went out deer hunting with your 9mm Baretta? LOL

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

For me personally: I don't care for guns and don't own one. Will I ever own one? I can't say no.

I'd hate to have one around when the barometric pressure drops and the folks around my house go temporarily insane. Someone might off themselves or me during one of those times.

Guns are a fact of life. They are everywhere. I can't blame people for wanting to have them for protection or to hunt with, etc. Of course keeping them locked up and safe is a no brainer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit