Guns: Opinions?

by RichieRich 138 Replies latest jw friends

• Pole
    Pole

EF,

I mentioned these. Not every American is as dumb as you claim....just most....LOL (j/k)

I know. I would be dumb to think Americans are really more dumb than other nations. It's just that their national myths (for instance concerning their role in world history) take on preposterous proportions. Most superpowers have this problem, but in addition you have the best propaganda movie industry which dims the perspective on history many Yankees have.

As an example: ever heard of the German Enigma encryption machine? I wonder what the common belief about how it was captured is in America.

Pole

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

guns don't kill people,people kill people

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

Guns don't kill people, Blood cards kill people.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

thats a good one.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

pole,I know it was some sub movie with mathew mchonahey?

• heathen
    heathen

I know the j-dubbies love the scripture in Isaiah about bending swords to plow shares and spears to pruning hooks . I don't think politicians can get away with the amending the right to bear arms or free speech , in fact the right to bear arms is there to protect against the tyranny of government to begin with even tho at this point we know that there is no way force from the public can ever overthrow the military of the USA . Guns are big buisness and hunting is still a favorite past time for many people . I think people that leave their weapons unsecured and the kids wind up killing should be held responsible and that's when you really hear about the anti gun lobby mouthing off , I think it stupid to just take guns away from everybody because some people are irresponsible .

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Heathen...the 2nd amendment was about bearing arms for a militia....not to rise above tyranny of govt.

• heathen
    heathen
    Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

I guess it depends on how you interpret this . Government tryrany is what takes away your rights and freedoms to begin with . I have heard others say what I said ealier and that's probly why I mentioned it . It's clearly up to the citizens to defend their freedom .

• EscapedLifer1
    EscapedLifer1

Pole,

As an example: ever heard of the German Enigma encryption machine? I wonder what the common belief about how it was captured is in America.

That it was actually captured by a British operation, but it looks better on the screen with Matthew MC. doing it as an American.

What else do you think we get wrong over here?

Brandon

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    guns were only good for killing people...

Well Richie... "some folks just need killin"

or...

"whoever beats his sword into plowshares will plow for those who didn't"

or...

"If it was ok for David to use a sling to protect himself against Goliath, why don't I get to use a Glock to defend my home against some crackheads?"

The last one is mine. Where oh where does it say anywhere in the bible that we shouldn't defend ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit