Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    So by looking at the complexity, beauty and orderliness in creation, we can know of the existence of an intelligent Creator even though we have not seen Him

If you already believe in God, that may be a compelling line of reasoning. But it isn't to someone who doesn't believe in God. There are alternate explanations for how complex life developed. Alternate explanations which can actually be proven.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

How can you prove life came to be SO?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

NOT YET - I think I still believe in God

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Even if we can see God we may not automatically believe in Him.

MAN HAS REJECTED GOD:

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed (shown) it unto them. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead ( nature of God ); so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. - Rom 1:19-22

• whyamihere
    whyamihere
    Why are we here? Where are we going? What is the purpose of life? An atheist has many questions but no answers.

Why are we all here? and How did I get to be so good looking? lol

I believe in God and I believe as humans we will never know these questions. Live life and enjoy. Having knowledge means you know very little.

Brooke

• Chia
    Chia
    Man will not go to God for the same reason a thief will not go to a policeman.

As one man said, "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts."

Now that's just obnoxious. Your preaching is irritating. Again, if you're trying to find a way to convert people to your thought pattern, this is not the way. You're rubbing sandpaper on an open wound.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hibiscusfire at least brings most of us one sobering question: Did I once sound as stupid as that?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

hibiscusfire:

It's obvious from your posts that you're incredibly ignorant, and have little grasp on reason. Nevertheless, I will try to answer some of your questions in the (probably vain) hope that some of it will stick, and you will go forward with a slightly better idea of how things work.

To answer your initial question: Yes I am an atheist. I do not believe in gods.

Other than God Himself, something cannot come out of nothing.

How do you know this, and why do you make an exception for your god? Why can't a universe come out of nothing if a god can?

Every effect must have a cause. The energy in the Universe is the effect. What causes it?

Your god is an effect. What causes him?

We are so subnormal that when we try to be normal others will think that we are abnormal.

Speak for yourself!

Yes man has invented thousands of gods. However the God I am talking about has created us and was there from the beginning and will be there in the end.

So all the other gods were invented, but yours is the real one? Of course it is. The same way that all the other invisible unicorns are imaginary but the Invisible Pink Unicorn (PBUH) is real.

An atheist has no explanation for his existence.

NO EXPLANATION FOR CREATION
    : All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. -Jn 1:3

That's not an explanation. That's a declaration. I can provide a reasonably cogent explanation for our existence (in broad outline) right back to the beginning of our universe. All you can say is "My god did it".

Evolutionists often claim that a monkey pounding on a computer keyboard would probably type meaningful words occasionally if given enough time.

I don't think anybody but the subnormal would dispute that. Aw hell, I'm not going to bother trying to explain evolution to someone who can't get their false analogies right.

So by looking at the complexity, beauty and orderliness in creation, we can know of the existence of an intelligent Creator even though we have not seen Him

Why one creator? It's fairly obvious that if there's a loving god who created zebras, he's not the same as the loving god who created lions. Maybe there are hundreds or thousands of gods, each concerned with a different species. Maybe these gods revel in death and destruction.

As one man said, "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts."

Is that why you've provided none?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Chia I have not yet said anything to irritate you so why are you trying to abuse me?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hibiscus, what do you hope to accomplish here? Your powers of persuasion leave a lot to be desired. You are not converting anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit