Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Daunt:

That is all that Hibs has been preaching. I haven't heard one bit of analytical questioning or truth to support the claim that Hibs has been preaching, all it has been is emotions and baseless claims.

It's not emotions or baseless claims as you may say...it's the truth. Ever had a feeling that something bad was about to happen so you did the opposite of what you were supposed to do and then found out later at that point in time where you should have been or whatever you were supposed to do took a turn for the worse.....you were saved there and then....

Hibie

• glitter
    glitter

Jack Chick does get read by a lot of people including yourself because you went there....very effective tracks.

Yeah, because he is a nutcase and his "tracks" are funny. However in that instance I only went because Googling phrases your posted *all* led to the same page on his site...

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

chris:

Yes, thank god. I mean, thank atheism.

What has atheism given you? What has atheism done for you?

Why are you enjoying life? Why are you enjoying that cute puppy?

God gave us life that we would enjoy it in abundance.

How do you explain all the various types of animals and plants and trees and birds.....and everything that you eat? How did they all come to be? How? How? How?

Hibie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    How do you explain all the various types of animals and plants and trees and birds.....and everything that you eat? How did they all come to be? How? How? How?

Sure but where did the creator come from?

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

PICTURE THIS:

About 3000 years from now, the life & times and annals of history surrounding say Mohandas Ghandi will be re-discovered and an entire group of followers will adopt his teachings and his "non-violent" methods for advocating change. This group of followers will then begin traveling and spreading the personal philosophies and ideas of Ghandi, and then sure enough, after new followers are gathered, converts are made.

Low and behold, we have a new religion! Imagine how fast it will spread with the type of multimedia available in the future! Imagine the numbers of converts!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

glitter:

Yeah, because he is a nutcase and his "tracks" are funny. However in that instance I only went because Googling phrases your posted *all* led to the same page on his site...

Jack Chick is not a nutcase. And so what if I think like that too. Everything is in the bible to prove God exists. By the way I'm glad you find the tracks amusing but they are also speaking truth. Besides I do not post Jack Chick...I refer to some of them. Just like you and everyone on this thread...I would refer to other sources, my own input and I refer to the bible as well. ....that is not a shock.

Hibie

• Terry
    Terry

Hibie

At least try to be consistent in your thinking. That would make your belief respectable.

You seem to be saying there is the inviolable rule:

EVERYTHING HAS TO HAVE A CAUSE FOR BEING (a creator)

Yet, you are inconsistent. You'd never answer the question, "Where did God come from?"

You'd violate the inviolable rule yourself and reply: "God didn't need a cause for being".

All you do by introducing a Creator into your broken logic is to POSTPONE having to answer the question of existence by one step. If God didn't need an origin or a creator then at least allow the same possibility for everything else.

Intellectual honesty is the prime requirement for reasonable people who think rationally.

You've blanked out your rational mind by holding conflicting views. Clean up your mess!

Terry

• undercover
    undercover
    Whether or not you are an atheist you can ask God to have mercy upon the people and their homes for protection with respect to Hurricane Katrina.

I personally have not. Why bother praying to someone who doesn't exist and who isn't going to answer?

But for argument's sake, why do we need to pray to God to have mercy on New Orleans? Surely he is aware of what is happening. He could stop the storm, turn the storm, all kinds of things. You're praying for it doesn't mean a thing.

Instead of praying that God do something, people would be better off to prepare for the storm and it's aftermath...relying on an invisible man in the sky to make everything okay is naive and stupid.

• Terry
    Terry
    Everything is in the bible to prove God exists.

Mmmm, well, no.

It was taken for granted by ancient people that there were invisible forces that ruled their lives which had to be appeased. Most cities allowed all kinds of religions to live together without a problem. It was only the atheists who caused trouble. Know who was considered an atheist in ancient times? A person who denied another person's god. That's right, a monotheist was a disgusting person to be around because they got to have THEIR VERSION of a diety while denying you yours. In Christian times the Romans considered the Christians atheists for the same reason. They were full of hubris when it came to other people's beliefs.

Context is everything.

T.

• glitter
    glitter

I refer to some of them. Just like you and everyone on this thread...I would refer to other sources, my own input and I refer to the bible as well. ....that is not a shock.

You didn't *refer* to it... you didn't provide references, you just posted it within your own post as your argument against atheism...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit