Are you an atheist?

by hibiscusfire 270 Replies latest jw friends

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    for the sake of the members and lurkers here, what was the name of that book you said you were reading recently?

Never mind the members and the lurkers, its doing ME a power of good!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/91301/1.ashx

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    God say many things to us but you know because we are man we think we know more than God eh?

No, it's because we think God doesn't exist. If God exists why doesn't he show himself to man in some way that would remove all question of his existence? Oh that's right... he wants people to have faith in him and not hard evidence. *rolls eyes*

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    God say many things to us but you know because we are man we think we know more than God eh?

An atheist has no explanation for his existence.

sorry hibiscusfire, i have no idea what you are talking about.

but anyways, peace be with you.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I have many questions.. few answers.. but I still believe in a creator..

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Yes Sassy we do have a creator.

If there is someone who made God, then by necessity, there must also be a "someone" who made that "someone" who made God. The list would go on and on indefinitely.

But no matter how far back we go, there must still be a Self-Existent One by virtue of the visible creation we can see. The truth is that, God is the Self-Existent One, the Creator of all things and the Savior of mankind.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. - Jn 1:3

Burning Heart

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Hibiscus, what will be my fate as an atheist? Scare me enough and maybe I'll believe in God out of fear! Is that what he wants?

• Angharad
    Angharad

hibiscusfire - please check you PM's

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy
    Two friends proclaimed themselves to be atheists.

When mortal sickness came to one of them, the other came to see him.

Perhaps a little afraid lest at the last he should abandon his atheism, said to him,

"Stick to it, Bill!"

"But," replied the stricken man, "there is nothing to stick to!"

hibiscusfire,

This is a totally self-indulgent, absurd depiction of atheism. I'm going to be frank with you: You are not attempting to understand the valid and rational positions of those whom you try to convert, and this makes you look like a fool. Try to engage your brain before you begin cranking out cliches.

SNG

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

If God exists why doesn't he show himself to man in some way that would remove all question of his existence?

Dove
    We can believe in the invisible Creator by seeing the visible things He has created.

By looking at the watch, we know that the watchmaker exists even though we have not seen him.

So by looking at the complexity, beauty and orderliness in creation, we can know of the existence of an intelligent Creator even though we have not seen Him

• hibiscusfire
  • Man will not go to God for the same reason a thief will not go to a policeman.

As one man said, "My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts."

Angel 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit